Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have messaged a few known tuners on the forums with no luck, so please point me in the direction of good tuners or people who are at least very knowledgeable of tuning in general. I need help, I have little knowledge when it comes to tuning but
I was curious about a few things some of you may have better knowledge of. So I bought my srt4 a few months ago, kid had it tuned with a Diablo sport but did not include the tuner with the car, I was curious how I would go back to "stock" tune wise, he said he turned the boost up with the tune, I am new to tuning so have no idea how to make this scenario better. Also would a rescale more or less solve my issues? I just do not want to be damaging anything. Also should I be investing in a 3 bar asap?

·
Premium Member
6,743 Posts
Have you checked the tuning section? I am of not much help otherwise as I use a standalone, 'flashing' the PCM was not available when I started my build years ago.
I wouldn't do anything until you either get another Diablo Sport tuner or another manufacturer like HP Tuners and see if you can use it on a PCM that may have been married to a Diablo Sport which you do not have.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the tuning section? I am of not much help otherwise as I use a standalone, 'flashing' the PCM was not available when I started my build years ago.
I wouldn't do anything until you either get another Diablo Sport tuner or another manufacturer like HP Tuners and see if you can use it on a PCM that may have been married to a Diablo Sport which you do not have.
I wouldn't know the first place to look but will spend some time looking in the tuning section thank you

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
I'm going to break this apart and see if i can get some clearity here.

I have messaged a few known tuners on the forums with no luck, so please point me in the direction of good tuners or people who are at least very knowledgeable of tuning in general.
Who have you tried to contact?

I need help, I have little knowledge when it comes to tuning but
I was curious about a few things some of you may have better knowledge of. So I bought my srt4 a few months ago, kid had it tuned with a Diablo sport but did not include the tuner with the car, I was curious how I would go back to "stock" tune wise,
Why do you want it to be back on the stock tune? is something going on with the car? Are you having issues that you are trying to diagnose?

he said he turned the boost up with the tune, I am new to tuning so have no idea how to make this scenario better.
What is wrong with the current "senario"? Having the boost set to a higher level is not nessesarily a bad thing, as long as it isnt too high, and the tune is accounting for it with the proper air/fuel levels.

Also would a rescale more or less solve my issues?
again, what issues? A "rescale" is a term used to describe a situation where someone has changed to different (higher or lower flowing) fuel injectors, or different bar (unit of pressure) map/tip sensors. If you haven't changed anything, and the current tune is set for what you have, there should be no reason for a rescale.

I just do not want to be damaging anything.
We dont want you damaging the car either!

Also should I be investing in a 3 bar asap?
The stock sensors are 2.25 bar, which is rated for up to about 18 PSI. A spike above that boost level with the stock turbo is normal. 3 bar sensors are good up to around 29 PSI.

Really, we need more information to even begin to try to help you. We need to know what all is done to the car. If you dont know, because you're new to these things, we understand. Get us some good quality pictures of everything you can think of that might be aftermarket.

You seem to be having some sort of issue with the car, yet you havent told us about that either. We need more info.

If you're unfamiliar with these cars, and you would feel better about it, find someone local who has more experience that can help out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Really, we need more information to even begin to try to help you. We need to know what all is done to the car. If you dont know, because you're new to these things, we understand. Get us some good quality pictures of everything you can think of that might be aftermarket.

You seem to be having some sort of issue with the car, yet you havent told us about that either. We need more info.

If you're unfamiliar with these cars, and you would feel better about it, find someone local who has more experience that can help out.
I have messaged Never2muchboost, [email protected], turbo666, duster360, and mindmelt. When I first purchased it the car came with 3" MPx Dual Exit Exhaust, aem ram intake,Hurst sts, big inter-cooler, and a HKS Super SQV IV BOV. The original wastegate, the kid had bent to turn up the boost, and then also tuned it himself and upped the boost he said, so I bought an agp adjustable wastegate which helps but I Still occasionally pop a boost code, with the Original waste gate it would after fire and sputter and mid rpms and you couldn't pin it, the agp wastegate fixed that, but now still occasionally pop that code here and there, turn down my boost on the wastegate and it goes away. I sit at 18psi normally, but occasionally itll can be around 20psi in idle. I Wouldn't call it an "issue" I jsut feel it isn't "how it should be" for lack of better terms. hope this helped I apologize for lack of info.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

also, a rescale is when I get a 3 bar or bigger injectors new fuel pump, new fuel line, bigger turbo and stuff relating to my fuel system in general?

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
I have messaged Never2muchboost, [email protected], turbo666, duster360, and mindmelt.
I would try contacting these individuals through their respective websites, or facebook.
Never2muchboost: N2MB.com
[email protected]: shoprealtuned.com
turbo666: brutalfab.com
duster360: needlesstorque.com
mindmelt: drag-ontuning.com

Also i've seen a lot of recommendations for MI Tuning LLC, which you can find on facebook.

When I first purchased it the car came with 3" MPx Dual Exit Exhaust, aem ram intake,Hurst sts, big inter-cooler, and a HKS Super SQV IV BOV.
None of these things require an updated tune or rescale.

The original wastegate, the kid had bent to turn up the boost, and then also tuned it himself and upped the boost he said, so I bought an agp adjustable wastegate which helps but I Still occasionally pop a boost code, with the Original waste gate it would after fire and sputter and mid rpms and you couldn't pin it, the agp wastegate fixed that, but now still occasionally pop that code here and there, turn down my boost on the wastegate and it goes away. I sit at 18psi normally, but occasionally itll can be around 20psi in idle. I Wouldn't call it an "issue" I jsut feel it isn't "how it should be" for lack of better terms. hope this helped I apologize for lack of info.
I'll be honest with you, i've never had issues with the car throwing "overboost" codes, so i'm not positive on what the solution is. Considering that the Mopar stage 2 & 3 kits came with 3 bar sensors, maybe that is the fix... 🤷‍♂️
It's been many years since i made the swap up to 3 bar.

also, a rescale is when I get a 3 bar or bigger injectors new fuel pump, new fuel line, bigger turbo and stuff relating to my fuel system in general?
I think you may be a bit confused on the lingo.

Purpose of a "tune": Generally makes the car run better for whatever setup (motor, turbo, fuel setup, etc.) is on the car. This is essentially optimising the cars computer to run with what it has to work with.
Purpose of a "rescale": Adjusts the tune to handle 3 bar sensors (or higher) &/or bigger injectors, if they were not already accounted for in the tune.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would try contacting these individuals through their respective websites, or facebook.
Never2muchboost: N2MB.com
[email protected]: shoprealtuned.com
turbo666: brutalfab.com
duster360: needlesstorque.com
mindmelt: drag-ontuning.com

Also i've seen a lot of recommendations for MI Tuning LLC, which you can find on facebook.

None of these things require an updated tune or rescale.

I'll be honest with you, i've never had issues with the car throwing "overboost" codes, so i'm not positive on what the solution is. Considering that the Mopar stage 2 & 3 kits came with 3 bar sensors, maybe that is the fix... 🤷‍♂️
It's been many years since i made the swap up to 3 bar.

I think you may be a bit confused on the lingo.

Purpose of a "tune": Generally makes the car run better for whatever setup (motor, turbo, fuel setup, etc.) is on the car. This is essentially optimising the cars computer to run with what it has to work with.
Purpose of a "rescale": Adjusts the tune to handle 3 bar sensors (or higher) &/or bigger injectors, if they were not already accounted for in the tune.
Makes a lot more sense thank you gump, I am new to the tuning seen so a lot of my lingo is new, and just learning so thank you for being understanding and patient with me! Also I guess I should just refer to the "overboost" code as what it is, P1188. Thanks again gump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
raceaflais
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing