Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
alarm is controlled by the Body control module, that shouldnt make a diff...
Got mine done it rocks!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very true. I went to my dealer to have it activated. After the Tech pluged into my car he informed me that it was already activated. Also, he told me I was the first person to ever want the alarm activated, hmm....

·
Registered
918 Posts
The error code caused by the stage kits p06033 or something like that, has something to do with the skim not matching. Does any body know if the car can be turned off with the key if the fob dies?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wtf!!!

I just checked my car and I have no red light on my dash. I sat inside and opened the door with the alarm active (so I thought! all this time) and nothing.... no alarm. Thanks for the info!!!! this is big.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Went to Dealership and they wouldnt even check for the bulletin...so since i work for another Dealership i made some calls and got a copy of it faxed to me. They still told me that my car was not equipped with an alarm. So the person who teaches my automotive class happens to work for chrysler and brought in DRB III and we activated it with no problems following the instructions from yellowbee provided by RICONTE (Thank you). So now i am gonna go up to the dodge dealership and show them how stupid they are. Thanks again guys for all the info. -Brad

·
Registered
129 Posts
reed8857 said:
Ok, I take my car to the dealer today to get the alarm activated. They say ok and take my car. When they are done the mechanic told me that my car does not have an alarm so it was not activated. I referenced the TSB and asked him to go get it.(The TSB) He brings it back and states that the TSB is wrong and the cars computer says I do not have one. I say ok can I have my keys? The person who handles the paperwork say to go see the cashier. I ask why do I need to see the cashier you did not activate my alarm. The mechanic said that my sentry key system was not activated. I said BS its standard equipment and showed my owners manaule(sp?) and the sticker. He says well it was not activated and I had to pay if I wanted my car back.

2 question's
does the damn car have an alarm or not (built 1/15/04)

Whats up with my sentry system not being activated (which does not seem logical to me)
1/15/04 is prior to 2/1/04. I would say you do not have one.

Take care,

David

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
just got mine done today on my 05.

i had the red blinky light before the activation, just no actual noise. now i have blinky light, and noise if you open the door when armed.

the light is (more or less) above and between the fuel guage, and the tach, in that black idiot light cluster...

the info here in this thread was just what was needed to git-er-done.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hmmm

I own 2 SRT's .. both '04 ... one mfg date is 05/04 and the other is 12/03.

The 05/04 works. The 12/03 does not. I brought it in to the dealer and showed them the tech bulletin. They printed out a list of options for my VIN and it did not list an alarm. I asked them to humor me and grab a tech with a DRB III to just try it. They wouldn't let me in the shop but came back after about 10 mins with the car. They said they could see the option but it would not take allow them to turn it on.

Is there a code or something to enter to get it to work or is this thing just whacked? :rofl:

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
669 Posts
There is also a switch that can be installed at the trunk to make it operational too. It is a Mopar part.
Read about it here never went and got it for my cars (neon sxt and a SRT-4)
Yes, it can be activated. I did my 2004 myself, took about 3 minutes. Anybody know the part numbers for the hood and trunk switches?
Just bringing up an old thread.. but anyone know have any more info on these switches and also part numbers?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.