Dodge SRT Forum banner

TSB 08-020-04 : SRT-4 Vehicle Theft Alarm System

40K views 39 replies 33 participants last post by  alphaoneoak 
Ok, I take my car to the dealer today to get the alarm activated. They say ok and take my car. When they are done the mechanic told me that my car does not have an alarm so it was not activated. I referenced the TSB and asked him to go get it.(The TSB) He brings it back and states that the TSB is wrong and the cars computer says I do not have one. I say ok can I have my keys? The person who handles the paperwork say to go see the cashier. I ask why do I need to see the cashier you did not activate my alarm. The mechanic said that my sentry key system was not activated. I said BS its standard equipment and showed my owners manaule(sp?) and the sticker. He says well it was not activated and I had to pay if I wanted my car back.

2 question's
does the damn car have an alarm or not (built 1/15/04)

Whats up with my sentry system not being activated (which does not seem logical to me)

Ok, never said I never said anything about me getting activation for free. They charged me $15 for activation of the alarm. When did I say anything about free. the basis of my post is does my car have an alarm? Dealer is telling me I dont and this TSB is telling me I do. I could care less if I have to pay for the activation of the alarm. Call me stupid but it say's that it was not activated. Then it give instructions on how to activate the alarm.

However, I paid 15 dollar for a activation that never happend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.