Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i found them on allibaba but ended up purchasing through ebay for $240 shipped (search: srt4 coilover, sort low to high)
<yes i could have BC'd for $1500 but why>
installed the rears today.. sunday i'll do the fronts..

couple of pointers
if the bottom of the tube (black) is flush with the bottom (orange) is the stock height
turning the bottom ~12 full turns equals 1", i went 8 turns in the rear, 3/4, since i run stock rear tires/rims
my car has 245k on it..
first 3 swaps were mopar
original springs, stock size tires.. sites 26" to the rear wheel well and 26.5" to the front
suggest
-removing the bottom and coating with grease so they don't lock up
-if the bottom of the tube is flush with the bottom mount its ride height
-i think all struts should have dust covers to prevent grit eating the seal, these ebay specials didn't come with a cover so i "getto'd" zip tied 4" abs drainage tubing.. yes its getto.. but i had it laying around
-you need to use a step drill bit (2 steps) on the the body for the strut top missing bolt (m8 30mm) for it to align

stock srt4 are 170#(f) and 125# (r), i think tein s are 200#
while the ebay listing says 8k spring rate, ali says 7k, mine have 8k printed on them

700 lb/in = 12.5 kg/mm
650 lb/in = 11.6 kg/mm
600 lb/in = 10.7 kg/mm
550 lb/in = 9.8 kg/mm
500 lb/in = 8.9 kg/mm
450 lb/in = 8 kg/mm
400 lb/in = 7.1 kg/mm
350 lb/in = 6.2 kg/mm
300 lb/in = 5.3 kg/mm
250 lb/in = 4.5 kg/mm

images don't seem to work

https://s1007.photobucket.com/user/netnews/media/allibab%20srt4%20struts_zpslsv6ecfl.jpg.html?filters=Array&sort=1&o=0&hotlinkfix=1558138147139

https://s1007.photobucket.com/user/netnews/media/IMG_2919_zps8ncw5xhj.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2&hotlinkfix=1558139476633

https://s1007.photobucket.com/user/netnews/media/IMG_2920_zpsn4ymashs.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1&hotlinkfix=1558139942140

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
BC are horrible. I cant imagine much worse to be honest. I used to have my spring rates in my signature...
I run BC coilovers revalved and respeung by Feal.
I think its 390lbs in the front and 330 in the rear. Good rotation. Very loose. I’m also running toe out all around.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I love my BC's. Run them on my current SRT-4 and ran them on a previous SRT-4. Only issue I had was the locking sleeves locking up due to not using antiseize on the threads and driving the car in bad midwest winter weather.

Photobucket sucks. Just use imgur.com

Okay I saw the pictures. I really hope they hold up well man. They look like crap no offense haha. I personally would never cheap out on suspension stuff. But if they hold up over time being all modified and all more power to you on saving some coin.

·
Registered
50 Posts
they look good in quality , honestly i checked on ebay as well and there was a few reviews and people like them.
i personally have tokcio struts and im gonna try lowering springs with those and hope they hold up.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quick updated.. its been 4 months.. and i just took at 3600 mile road trip.. they've softened up a bit but are still a rough ride

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea, Im riding hard on ebay EMUSA coilovers and they are very harsh ride, bouncy, I was very concerned about taking them on the track, but they were surprisingly good? No unexpected bounces while entering corners and hitting the apex's... But I would not have them as a daily...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts