Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has gotten eyelids from www.ruthlesscars.com

I got eyelids from here http://www.autotrimdesign.net/detail.jsp?itemId=12574&category=9285 and they were impossible to put on. They seemed that they would fit if my headlights where flat but obviously there not. they bubble out but the eyelts did not. I ended up throwing them away because they would not go on right and there were too many creases. what are some strategies to putting these on? are the ones from www.ruthlesscars.com easy to put on?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I know where you are coming from...

I purchased some vinyl eyelids from one of the guys here on the forums and they just plain dont fit right. They look good before the install!! :jester: But, you have to pull and push and tweak and twist and, oh, crap, forget it!!!
I just gave up and got my eyelids from Carbon By Design. They sell carbon fiber eyelids and fiberglass eyelids. They have the exact same shape as the headlamps, so all you do is use the 3M tape that is supplied with the eyelids and press them on.
Fits like oem!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Must have been your first time. I been through that also.. drop of soap in a water spray. Squeege alittle, then use a blowdryer at the same time but short periods at a time, while slowly squeeging. Too much heat no good. It does get the big ole bubbles to flatten out.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
DaZone said:
Must have been your first time. I been through that also.. drop of soap in a water spray. Squeege alittle, then use a blowdryer at the same time but short periods at a time, while slowly squeeging. to get the big ole bubbles to flatten out.
agreed blowdryer is the tool for this job

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
4drviper80 said:
i was thinking about using a hair dryer and i did use soap and water but it wouldnt stick after that. I dont have a black hood so do youthink the carbon fiber ones will still look good?

My bro-in-law has a silver, and the cf ones look really good on his. But, Carbon By Design makes fiberglass ones, too, not just cf.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Blowdryer is the important key to doing S type eyelids.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.