Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or my car's trunk is bulging? I was hauling a couple of beer packs last week and I could not keep 'em flat in place in there. No, I was not drunk! :twisted: (I swear! :lol: ) It seems that the spare is thicker than the depth of the spare tire well.

So how's your trunk?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Yea for some gay reason, they didn't put the thick cardboard-ish stuff over the spare tire...I'm getting one from a 2nd gen this weekend. I'm having problems keeping my subwoofer box still because the surface is uneven.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
QwikSC2 said:
Yea for some gay reason, they didn't put the thick cardboard-ish stuff over the spare tire...I'm getting one from a 2nd gen this weekend. I'm having problems keeping my subwoofer box still because the surface is uneven.
Make an MDF floor, will make a better surface for your box :wink:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Use 1/2" birch if you can find it, it's just as strong (almost stronger) then MDF and it's 1/2 the weight. Also doesn't soak water like a sponge like MDF if your trunk ever leaks. Only down side is it's a bit more expensive.

Jon

·
Registered
276 Posts
Stink Mobile

Mine is the same way--A word--be careful because you can lose things in front of that spare tire carpet and it will drop down in front of the spare tire in the well and not be seen. (I.E. a leaky grocery bag that let steak juice and a small can of cat food escape and disappear.
I found them-- though a few days later when the entire car became a virtual stink mobile.) cry

I am going to mount a cargo net in the trunk to keep thing in place. This vehicle really needs one if you drive it like it wants to be driven. D

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
LMAO and you thought it was the mechanic's man-stench.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess you were right about it smelling like something died in there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Actually I think it was a combination of the 2 noxious odors that led me to find the items in front of the spare tire.
At least some of the new car smell is beginning to return and over power the pine cleaner and dead mechanic smell. lol

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
SilverBullet said:
Is it just me or my car's trunk is bulging? I was hauling a couple of beer packs last week and I could not keep 'em flat in place in there. No, I was not drunk! :twisted: (I swear! :lol: ) It seems that the spare is thicker than the depth of the spare tire well.

So how's your trunk?
I did noticed that the stereo guys did not build a small platform to cover the spare tire hole. Next week, like you with rough idle, I will have them remove the spare tire and build a small paltform. Then add a new deep cell battery, two 1 farad caps and have the subs face in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing