Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wondering if any company has designed or sold a bigger hood with a larger scoop, like the black widow hoods that our out! they are huge!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Paz1986 said:
i just wondering if any company has designed or sold a bigger hood with a larger scoop, like the black widow hoods that our out! they are huge!!

Thanks!
Too rice, I think our scoop is the right size. Also our hood can me modified to redirect the air to our air box. Do a search for "hood mod"

Percy

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
pdieppa said:
Too rice, I think our scoop is the right size. Also our hood can me modified to redirect the air to our air box. Do a search for "hood mod"

Percy
Wrong. Do not do the hood mod unless you never drive your car in the rain. The only hood that provides a bigger air scoop is the kalamari hood and it doesn't go directly back to the turbo like the stock hood does. The IPP hood has two extra holes near the upper left and right hand corner of the car but I don't know if it relocates the air from the front scoop to the back like the stock turbo or not.

·
Registered
835 Posts
a true ram air design would be a waste since the car is alreaady forced induction. you cant ram air thru the turbo. the scoop we have already in functional in that it cool the turbo off.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wrong. Do not do the hood mod unless you never drive your car in the rain.
Wrong? What was said that was wrong? Only person I see here that is wrong, is you, since you are saying you cannot drive a car with "hood mod" in the rain. As long as you dont try it with the factory paper filter, you should be fine.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The hoodscoop is meant to cool the turbo...thats why there are ducts from the scoop tot he back of the hood and down to the turbo in the back... A lot of people are cutting out the little circle on their airbox for some extra air... i'm not sure how well this works... but 11psi said it best...no sense in ram air on a turbo...its useless and wont work

·
Registered
956 Posts
I drove my car with the hood mod through a friggin' monsoon out here. NO WATER WHATSOEVER entered the airbox. It was dry as a desert.

·
Registered
626 Posts
noTe said:
Wrong. Do not do the hood mod unless you never drive your car in the rain. The only hood that provides a bigger air scoop is the kalamari hood and it doesn't go directly back to the turbo like the stock hood does.
:rofl: :lol: :rofl: at KALAMARI hood

·
Registered
189 Posts
noTe said:
Wrong. Do not do the hood mod unless you never drive your car in the rain. The only hood that provides a bigger air scoop is the kalamari hood and it doesn't go directly back to the turbo like the stock hood does. The IPP hood has two extra holes near the upper left and right hand corner of the car but I don't know if it relocates the air from the front scoop to the back like the stock turbo or not.
omg I guess Subaru will have to recall all their Sti's from regions where it rains? :jester:

That scoop is big enough to suck a pigeon in (believe me Ive seen pics) but it's still safe to drive in rain. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.