Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is oil leaking right below the shifter cables near the backside of the transmission i cant see anything because of how many hoses there are. I currently have the turbo pulled off to see if the leak was coming from the block but its not. I unplugged the coil packs and cranked it over and the oil will drip down to the charge pipe. Its not a small amount either it will drip a bunch especially when the car is running.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Two spots showed up on my car that could be related -

1. Camshaft position sensor
  2. Cam bearing cap? I forget the real name. Pull the valve cover and there are a couple of aluminum blocks bolted over the end of the camshafts. The gasket here had basically whithered to nothing (not that much is needed here).

·
Registered
47 Posts
I currently have the turbo pulled off to see if the leak was coming from the block but its not. I unplugged the coil packs and cranked it over and the oil will drip down to the charge pipe. Its not a small amount either it will drip a bunch especially when the car is running.
Organism Motor vehicle Font Art Circle

The oil supply and return lines to the turbo are in this area. If those lines are loose (especially the supply line), oil, under pressure, will drop down onto the charge pipe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
View attachment 149238
The oil supply and return lines to the turbo are in this area. If those lines are loose (especially the supply line), oil, under pressure, will drop down onto the charge pipe.
Wow thanks man this is my current issue I'm SURE of it. Because the oil that pours out of the charge pipe area is fresh oil and I just changed the oil. I'm going to check it today. How hard is it to take the turbo off 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts