Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Arg...this is sorta a pointless post, but does anyone know how much it would be for a new rear quarter panel? ....

Today I decided to park in my parents front yard for shade and I hit one of the trees :crying: Nothing really bad, just a big dent right next to the rear light...I know they have lots of dead space so I don't think anything else was effected.

Once it stops raining I'll snap a pic for you all to see my stupidity.... (wasn't raining earlier today)

Link1: http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbumPhoto.asp?userid=SoulStrife&album_id=185661&image_id=1

Link2: http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbumPhoto.asp?userid=SoulStrife&album_id=185661&image_id=2

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
take off the panel and beat it out i bet it will pop into place if its not to bad hope paint isnt f up

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Srt4Par said:
take off the panel and beat it out i bet it will pop into place if its not to bad hope paint isnt f up
I'm taking it to the body shop tomorrow to get a quote....and yes...the paint is f'd.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Dude you totally don't need a new rear quarter. Any qualified body shop will be able to take care of this no problem at all. All it will require is some maybe a few pulls and some smoothing and bondo, and your baby will look brand new!

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
YEAH.. DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU YOU NEED A NEW 1/4 PANNEL

2tirefire has it.. any shop can fix that up for you

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2tirefire said:
Dude you totally don't need a new rear quarter. Any qualified body shop will be able to take care of this no problem at all. All it will require is some maybe a few pulls and some smoothing and bondo, and your baby will look brand new!
got a quote today....$776.90 is what I got quoted. They are going to pull the dent and smooth is out just like you said :), they also need to fix the bumper because it looks like it raised up and hit under the tail light and now has a scratch there.....other than that one scratch the bumper is fine.

I have a $500 deductable....do you all think it's worth my insurance rates possibly going up for 276.90? .... not sure if i want to get my insurance involved or not.....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Fuck that shit man.

Its just the exterior of the car, if it doesnt hender the performance/comfort of you, just dont waste your money, that or wait until you get into an accident and someone else pays for it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
omg dont do that thats crazy

·
Registered
395 Posts
Buff out the bumper...bang out or pullout the big ding..should cost 200-300 for a good job with paint..if you paint the whole bumpe..it will cost more

1 - 13 of 13 Posts