Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, since this is my first built car, what kind of trans fluid are you guys running in your built SRT4? Car made 500 WHP on 24 pounds of boost. I know dodge recommends ATF4 but have heard so many different things. By the way just rebuilt 3rd gear LOL so looking for something solid. Any questions about the build just ask. Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
30 Posts
TBH, Mopar ATF-4 is the best for these cars plain and simple. You will hear everybody’s opinions and recommendations but the SRT-4 is designed to run on the Mopar transmission fluid. Add friction modifier ONLY, ONLY if you hear chatter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TBH, Mopar ATF-4 is the best for these cars plain and simple. You will hear everybody’s opinions and recommendations but the SRT-4 is designed to run on the Mopar transmission fluid. Add friction modifier ONLY, ONLY if you hear chatter.
I am hearing a knocking in the trans think it may be the input shaft bearing so will add some friction modifier and let you know how it goes

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
does the knocking go away when you press in the clutch pedal?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Lots use high mileage 10w40, or....the atf+4
agree.. i run the motor cycle version of 10w40 because it contains the friction modifier (that should be part of the at4 too)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts