Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get my tranny rebuilt to with stand at least 500whp? My motor is coming out next week and I would like to have the tranny rebuilt (if needed) while the motor is built? Any help would be grt.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
It's nice to have a 500 whp number as a goal, but are you talking about occasionally turning up the boost at the track or trying to run race gas and push that much all the time on the street? I think one of the vendors here was offering a rebuild service now but I wouldn't spend the money on a rebuild until a component failed. The stock trans may hold up for quite a while at that power level if you treat it right, and an expensive rebuild is not a guarantee that it won't fail.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may hold off on a complete rebuild then but I have seen some posts where people were having problems with imput shafts not holding up. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2004 Solar Yellow SRT-4
233 Posts
The input shafts are failing as a result of the aftermarket clutches not being properly balanced and / or people using a non-sprung hub which also prevents self centering of the clutch disc on the shaft. This adds a bending moment to the torsional load of the input shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts