Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just spoke to 2 dealerships. Checked my owner's manual, and looked at scheduled vehicle maintenance on edmunds.com. All of them say we don't need to change the fluid. What's the deal here how come so many people talk about changing it every 18k, 15k etc.? I know you change like that for automatic's, but I honestly never changed the fluid in my SRT or my GSX (also a manual, when I had it). Anyone else not changed their tranny fluid? I have 60k miles.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ I'm probably going to change it when I do my spark plugs and belt (prob. this friday). I just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems from not changing it. My tranny feels fine. Still shifts smooth.

·
Forum Moderator, 2011 Calendar Car
15,675 Posts
i just changed my tranny fluid with Royal Purple Synchromax and the car feels 10x better

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have heard that 30K is the usual period of change vs the 18K in the books, from a local Chrysler/Dodge technician. It might depend on the abuse and heat that breaks the fluid down. 60K might be pushing it though. There are places that check the used oil for any signs of wear damage and report back on status. Might save some old oil and get it analyzed just for peace of mind. Get some Royal Purple and use that now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts