Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today, i go searching the forums to find out a few things. i find lots of information on different Fluids but no solid "this is it" one to use... so i use Mopar ATF+4 and a bottle of Friction Modifier (smells like ass btw to lol).

so anyways, i get my car on the lift, and locate the drainplug, and remove the old fluid.... then i lower the car and remove the air-filter box, cause i read that the fill plug was underneath it..... but, i couldnt find it from the top.

so i find this rubber plug, on the bottom of the tranny, and pull it out, and i assume this is where you re-fill the transmission.... right? i was assuming that the gears would be submerssed in fluid...... but anyways, i filled until it started coming out... about 2.5 quarts + the FM... is this the correct way? or did i put to much? or to little?

here's a tip shake the bottle of FM up before you open it...
assuming i did this right, it was a simple task and could be done anytime with ease,but doing a search i found lots of different information.
:bandit:

·
Banned
4,828 Posts
2.5 bottle of fluid, + modifier is the way to go. I filled mine til it came out, then put in the rubber plug. No worries mate, it's money!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts