Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:readclose I had fun with my srt4 for awhile but I got tired of going in a striaght line so its time to mix it up a bit I traded in my srt 4 for a wrx and I know what you guys are going to say right off that it sucks but everbody has there own style of cars. But I still respect the srt 4 and I do know that its is way faster than the wrx but I need more of a rush than just going in a striaght line. I just like the handling more on the rex (awd) than the srt4 (fwd). I would like any comments and not BAD ONES :ninja: that you guys have to give. Thx alot HIMSK8

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not to bad for a turbo car (about 18-22 in the city and 24-26 in the highway also exhaust helps out quit a bit) plus my insurence actually went down about $35

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im only 18 and work at aol for $10 AN HOUR one of the had to go.

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
I would have just spent some money on suspension. But hey if you get a kick out of it sweet. Hopefully you wont grow tired of this one as well. Gonna cost a fortune changing cars a lot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I coulda had both but I would probally have trouble on wich car to dive everyday lol. The wrx gots the handling when the SRT4 has the speed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
what year was your srt. how many miles and what did they give you for a trade in. im going to night to do the same thing. looking to get an 04 wrx wagon. rebates end today.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just dont like fwd unless im drag racing. It got old real quick for me but I can make the wrx just as fast as the srt4 plus its got awd for twisties. But im not saying that I wouldnt love to have both the srt4 is still a [email protected]$$ car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I got a 02 sedan bug eyed the way I like it (reminds me of the srt4 lol) anyways I sold it for 18,000 (it was a 03 also stock) But i kept my car in really good condition and got my wrx for 11,000 not to bad of a deal and the extra money is going towards mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AWD is awsome but launching the car is kinda of tricky I heard once you get it down that the wrx can beat a srt4 for a dig. But awd is great for drifting and corning. Plus I heard it was good in the snow but we dont get that here in AZ.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
you live in AZ...... open desert and long straight open roads/highways.... hmm
seems like a perfect environment for a SRT-4. Now if you lived in like VT CT NYC.... anywhere with snow and large trees ;) i could see the need to go AWD..... but anyways, hope you like it.... and get a kit on it.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
as long as you are happy that is all that matters. I think the SRT-4 looks better than the wrx, and has a better motor. The WRX has awd which is a big bonus though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mt. lemon is where it is at for twisties here in AZ which is a really great spot. Also I very happy with my wrx plus the wrx has a better built engine IMO the boxer is great sounding and very very reliable for everyday driving and drifiting/racing.

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
Himsk8 said:
AWD is awsome but launching the car is kinda of tricky I heard once you get it down that the wrx can beat a srt4 for a dig. But awd is great for drifting and corning. Plus I heard it was good in the snow but we dont get that here in AZ.

it might take the srt off the line yes but by the end of a run the srt will be back ahead.

I wish yall al the best. friend of mine has what you have and it's been a long tough rd for him. if you want good pwr be ready to replace the clutch, tranny (they cost a fortune I could get another srt engine for the price of there trnnies LOL), and tons of other stuff.

It is actualy a lot easier and cheaper to make the SRT handle better than the wrx then the wrx as quick as an SRT.

the good thing is that the AWD wil help make up from driving inexperience till you get better with cornors, and is much more forgiving then a FWD.

shame you never got to really play with the "left foot breaking" on the fwd it is awsome fun once you get use to it (have got the srt to start drifting a few times jut couldnt keep it going wasnt high enough in the rpms).

Keep some of us updated on your progress be very cool to see where you go with it. And hey get that on a dyno and tune it some and to the strip so we can see wher eyour at to start.

Humm I smell live jurnol in your future with links to here :-D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont know I guess im on the Rice side I mean dark side now. but I havent had any troubles with the rex plus it saved me some money that is part of the reason why I did it. But I do love the srt 4 and Maybe if I can save up some money I might by an 05 its a possibilty than I would really be creaming my panties

1 - 20 of 85 Posts