Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I recently traded my 03 s2000 which I purchased brand new in 03. It had 60k miles on it when traded. The srt4 I got has 30k miles. They paid off my balance of 15k on the s2000 and I purchased the srt4 for $15231. I must say so far I am happy with the srt4. Much more room. Not a head turner like my s2000 was but you get what you pay for. I do have some questions.

When I cruise at 65 the vac is at 10. Is that right? No boost at a crusing speed of 65.

Also it seems when I pop the hood the engine at idle moves a little. Like a twitch.

I am not used to that. Maybe cause it is turbo. My s2000 at idle the engine did move in the bay. Maybe because of the mounts on the srt4, not sure.

·
Registered
114 Posts
fasttimes!! said:
Well I recently traded my 03 s2000 which I purchased brand new in 03. It had 60k miles on it when traded. The srt4 I got has 30k miles. They paid off my balance of 15k on the s2000 and I purchased the srt4 for $15231. I must say so far I am happy with the srt4. Much more room. Not a head turner like my s2000 was but you get what you pay for. I do have some questions.

When I cruise at 65 the vac is at 10. Is that right? No boost at a crusing speed of 65.

Also it seems when I pop the hood the engine at idle moves a little. Like a twitch.

I am not used to that. Maybe cause it is turbo. My s2000 at idle the engine did move in the bay. Maybe because of the mounts on the srt4, not sure.

I will post pics soon.
All of that is normal - Its a neon, not a BMW, things twitch a little :thumbsup:

10 VAC is normal at cruizing.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
So what made you decide to make the change? S2Ks are nice, fun cars! Does the skittle have any mods yet? All of the above are normal with the SRT.

·
Forum Moderator
6,200 Posts
ElectricB_SRT-4 said:
fasttimes!! said:

I will post pics soon.
All of that is normal - Its a neon, not a BMW, things twitch a little :thumbsup:

10 VAC is normal at cruizing.
Try giving it more gas or letting of even more and you'll see the needle fluctuate accordingly. What you should be keeping an eye on is where the needle sits when your car is off. It should be ON the 0.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well my wife is 5 months pregnant and I need a car that is sporty and has tons of room. I know its a little early but I commute 60 miles to work. I wanted to trade it in while the miles were still somewhat low. I was the original owner and I babied that s2000. I knew it inside and out. I told my wife if I am trading my s2000 in, it must be a turbo car. No minivan for me. Many of my friends said I was stupid, but it is what it is. Times change and the baby is 1st. Plus I have a 69 Datsun 510 as well. I will post pics of my s2000 as I traded it in and my new srt4.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The SRT4 is great for the kiddies. Safe and roomy!

And its great for Daddy when the kids arent in it.

·
Forum Moderator
6,200 Posts
ScarfaceSRT4 said:
The SRT4 is great for the kiddies. Safe and roomy!

And its great for Daddy when the kids arent in it.
Compared to what? A motorcycle? :)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
fasttimes!! said:
Well my wife is 5 months pregnant and I need a car that is sporty and has tons of room. I know its a little early but I commute 60 miles to work. I wanted to trade it in while the miles were still somewhat low. I was the original owner and I babied that s2000. I knew it inside and out. I told my wife if I am trading my s2000 in, it must be a turbo car. No minivan for me. Many of my friends said I was stupid, but it is what it is. Times change and the baby is 1st. Plus I have a 69 Datsun 510 as well. I will post pics of my s2000 as I traded it in and my new srt4.
well you traded it for all the right reasons. My friends told me i was stupid for buying this car also. They wanted me to get a WRX, like they all did. pffft, subie riiight. They still hate getting thier ass handed to them by a neon. They dont even talk cars around me anymore. Ohh well, im not the one that talked shit. grats on the baby man!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The s2000 has no torque. Once vtec hits it pulls hard, but my srt4 feels like it takes off faster but before I know it I am at 6k. Too short. The s2000 you all know revs much higher. Also I am not used to the srt4 yet. Maybe after a couple of weeks it wont have the power as I will be used to it. Usually thats how it is with new cars.

You guys are MUCH MUCH nicer than the guys on www.s2ki.net I was a little hesitant to ask questions in the fear of being flamed. I feel I made the right choice.

Please check back tonight for pics. I am at work now but will post them tonight.

·
Forum Moderator
6,200 Posts
fasttimes!! said:
The s2000 has no torque. Once vtec hits it pulls hard, but my srt4 feels like it takes off faster but before I know it I am at 6k. Too short. The s2000 you all know revs much higher. Also I am not used to the srt4 yet. Maybe after a couple of weeks it wont have the power as I will be used to it. Usually thats how it is with new cars.

You guys are MUCH MUCH nicer than the guys on www.s2ki.net I was a little hesitant to ask questions in the fear of being flamed. I feel I made the right choice.

Please check back tonight for pics. I am at work now but will post them tonight.
Haha, just give it time. There are plenty of wankers on this site. Just be sure you at least TRY to search for something before asking a question. In most cases, we assume every new owner is some whiney little teenager who isn't really interested in learning about the car, they just want it to be faster so they can smoke X car at X Highschool and wrap it around a telephone pole.

In general, these cars are very fun and reliable depending on the driver. They certainly have some factory quirks, depending on the year, but as long as you're stock and under warranty, there won't be issues have them fixed and corrected.

Take the time to read all the stickies in each section to get a decent overview of this car and all the common topics. After that, as you hear certains terms, abbreviations and so forth, try to look them up using search...and if all fails, PM a member or start a thread.

I'm sure you went through a similar process with your S2k. Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I went to the DARK SIDE.....lol.

Gonna keep it stock like my s2000 till the warranty runs out.

Im sure off the line it will be close race but from a dig I am sure the srt4 will pull away.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome. BTW I don't think I've seen chrome stock srt-4 rims before. Anybody know what a set of those run for $?

·
Registered
244 Posts
If I remember correctly, a few people chromed the stockers, but had problems with cracking.

Nice cars you have there, I'm sure you will enjoy the srt, mine still makes me grin after almost 3 years.

·
Forum Moderator
4,059 Posts
fasttimes!! said:
s2000=People look as you pull up
SRT-4=People look as you pull away

Usually with a look of utter HORROR!

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Mario Leonard said:
If I remember correctly, a few people chromed the stockers, but had problems with cracking.

Nice cars you have there, I'm sure you will enjoy the srt, mine still makes me grin after almost 3 years.
You can also polish the stock wheels although many do not go that route, i guess it is quite the job but can be done.

Nice lil dime you got there, man i wish I could find cars like that in my area but they all rusted to death about 15 years ago it seems, haven't seen one since......:crying:

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
Congrats on the SRT-4. You will enjoy her. You will get used to the power but you still will get that shit eating grin when you merge onto the highway:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts