Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 PTGT it runs [email protected] 106
I can only manage 2.2 sixty ft times. I'm using Yokohama Advan Noeva AD08. At suggested pressure settings. Stock suspension and Spec 4+ clutch. Hard mounts. If you have a PT running 12's please help!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
No replies because you limited this to PT owners only. I own an SRT-4, but believe there are enough similarities to give some useful advice.

I don't believe anything is wrong with your tires, unless they are badly worn, or wear is uneven. They are listed on tire rack as Extreme Performance Summer tires, which is as good as it gets before moving to a drag radial or slick. Dry performance was rated at 9.2 out of 10, which is quite good.

If you want to stay with street tires, work on launch technique. Read:

Drag Racing Fundamentals which is for an SRT-4, but much of it applies here.

Look especially at the section on Improving. Gives advice on how to experiment with tire pressure and launch revs to get the best possible 60' time. That should get your 60' down to 2.0 on a well prepped track.

To get better than 2.0, you'll need to move to drag radials or slicks.

HTH

·
Registered
11,924 Posts
consistent 2.2's on those tires is respectable, especially considering you didn't list any power adders. to get lower you're going to need better tires and better track prep.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Administrator
38,904 Posts
what do you consider suggested pressures? Those are stiff sidewall corner carving tires, not drag radials. But even with that, you can use lower pressures. The sidewall stiffness makes you rely on the soft compound for grip, no wrinkle to help with everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts