Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car recently re-caught my eye, and I was just wondering what you guys thought about it? It's pretty damn fast for a convertible (0-60 only one second longer than the SRT-4), and I think it looks sleek as hell...Now, I'm not looking for comparisons between the SRT-4 and the MR2 Spyder as they're two completely different cars; I just wanted your opinions on it. :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I've had my eye on the MR2 ever since it came out in the 80's...always liked the idea of the mid-engine placement and what it could do to help cornering. Now, I look at it as being not enough car for too much money. You can blame the SRT-4 for clouding my judgement, but I look at the spyder as being more show than go. Nice looking car, but it ain't no SRT-4. 8)

·
Registered
118 Posts
You can blame the SRT-4 for clouding my judgement
Yea, every car i look at.... in my head is the SRT doing 140 in my head under 20k
Haha i think this car has left a mark.
I already have my Back-Up car in Mind if these cars sell out. **WHICH WONT HAPPEN TO US~**
But its the *dont laugh* Delorian DMC
:D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Croation said:
I already have my Back-Up car in Mind if these cars sell out. **WHICH WONT HAPPEN TO US~**

...too late... :lol:

(just kidding...if you can snag one, have at it!)

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Can't help a lot on the new MR2 Spyder, but I do have 2 of the first generation MR2's.

They have always been a lot of fun to drive, and I've found them to be very dependable.

The fun part was going from the MR2 (mid-engine/RWD) to the ACR (front engine/FWD) for autocrossing. Wore out a couple of tires, and killed a bunch of cones getting used to it.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Croation said:
You can blame the SRT-4 for clouding my judgement
Yea, every car i look at.... in my head is the SRT doing 140 in my head under 20k
Haha i think this car has left a mark.
Deloreans aren't bad cars. You can actually send them straight back to the factory for refurbishment. The only problem i have with them is that you can't really mod em. I can't stand haveing a non-moddable car.

-Faast

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, i came across two modded. One heavily and one painted.
take a look, i wouldnt buy those, but gives me ideas.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2908470050&category=2192
that one is truly funny.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400847608&category=31830
this one i really liek.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Croation said:
in my head is the SRT doing 140 in my head under 20k
153 :wink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Croation:
in my head is the SRT doing 140 in my head under 20k

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

speed limit in my head = 140 :p
haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts