Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following instructions will help the owner of a TOYS equiped car, install the TOYBOX 2.0 in very little time.:clap:

For those who will ask why intall the toybox 2.0 in conjuction with TOYS is a very simple answer.... GEAR CONTROLLED DAB!!!!:eveilgrin

Lets get to the install-

Please determine where you will install your toybox 2.0, I decided to install mine in the lowest tray in the center dash.

First, we need to remove the toys consol to access the wiring. To do this first remove all the knobs from your center consol (They just pull off). Next remove the air vents. Rotate the vents down util they click, then they will come out.


Next, remove the two screws that hide behind the vents. Once these are removed you can pull on the outer edges of the center trim piece and it will snap off.


Once the trim piece is removed we can remove the two screws that hold the Toys consol into the dash. Each corner has one screw, remove these screws.....


Next, pull the toys consol out and extend until you can access to the wiring bundle.....the bundle we want has the plastic loom around it:eveilgrin



Now its time to prepare your wiring bundle. Cut your wiring bundle to the length you like, and remove the protective shield to provide easy access to the wires. You will also need a good length of the white wire to run from your obd connector to the toys control panel.



Now comes the fun part. I connect the wires using wiring taps bought at wal mart. Separate the wires and connect the wires according to the instruction provided by NP Complete performance. This process is very simple. I used plyers to clip the wires together. See pics below...





Next, we need to connect the white wire to the OBD connector and then connect it to the harness going into the toybox 2.0.

Locate the OBD connector under the dash, if you push in the side clips from the front, it should slide out of the metal bracket that holds it. Locate the correct Violet/Yellow wire and connect the white wire to it using the same connectors.





Run your white wire back to the toys control panel and connect it to the white wire going to the toybox 2.0. All wiring is now complete. Put everything back together and enjoy your new toybox 2.0.

 

·
SRTforums Member
Joined
·
809 Posts
Awesome write-up John. I do have one question though, and I guess this is directed at/to N2MB:

I have your Toybox 1.0 and your code scrubber already installed. Once my Toybox 2.0 arrives, will it have interface problems with the OBDII connection? My 2.0 should be getting here within a few days and I cannot WAIT to install it, although I will be installing mine in my arm rest. I love the LED display and everything but it's just too flashy for my taste.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,049 Posts
Bomb Squad said:
Awesome write-up John. I do have one question though, and I guess this is directed at/to N2MB:

I have your Toybox 1.0 and your code scrubber already installed. Once my Toybox 2.0 arrives, will it have interface problems with the OBDII connection? My 2.0 should be getting here within a few days and I cannot WAIT to install it, although I will be installing mine in my arm rest. I love the LED display and everything but it's just too flashy for my taste.
It will work with the code scrubber and the WOT Box. I have all 3 products installed in my S3 w/ toys car! They work great together. :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,049 Posts
JohnL said:
The following instructions will help the owner of a TOYS equiped car, install the TOYBOX 2.0 in very little time.:clap:

For those who will ask why intall the toybox 2.0 in conjuction with TOYS is a very simple answer.... GEAR CONTROLLED DAB!!!!:eveilgrin
John, great install write up! Thanks for the pictures and everything.

I have one question. Is there a reason you tapped into the Toys harness behind the Mopar Toys bezel instead of down under the dash where it passes by the OBD connector? If you wired it in there, you wouldn't need to strip nearly as much of the Toybox 2.0 harness, and you wouldn't need to take apart the dash. Not that doing that takes long... I can't count how many times I've done that for testing Toybox stuff... But, it should be a little easier to install, except for having to crawl up under there....
 

·
SRTforums Member
Joined
·
809 Posts
phrozen said:
Bomb Squad said:
Awesome write-up John. I do have one question though, and I guess this is directed at/to N2MB:

I have your Toybox 1.0 and your code scrubber already installed. Once my Toybox 2.0 arrives, will it have interface problems with the OBDII connection? My 2.0 should be getting here within a few days and I cannot WAIT to install it, although I will be installing mine in my arm rest. I love the LED display and everything but it's just too flashy for my taste.
It will work with the code scrubber and the WOT Box. I have all 3 products installed in my S3 w/ toys car! They work great together. :thumbsup:
Glad to hear that; I should be installing mine sometime later on today or early tomorrow morning. :)

JohnL and I live close to eachother so I think between the two of us we may be able to figure out which settings will work out best for traction.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,049 Posts
Bomb Squad said:
JohnL and I live close to eachother so I think between the two of us we may be able to figure out which settings will work out best for traction.
Great. I've found that 0,1,3,3,3 worked well for me when the road conditions were good. I have stock tires and filled motor mounts, so your results may be different.

However, now that it is near 30 F here, 1st and 2nd are still spinning. I set it to 0,0,3,3,3 for some practice WOT shifting 2--> 3. It doesn't spin in 2nd now, but its slow. Oh well... What can you expect from summer tires in the winter? Guess I'll wait until next spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
phrozen said:
Also JohnL, I would generally recommend soldering these connections instead of using the crimp connectors you used. I just think the solder connection will hold up better over the long run.

I agree, soldering is the best way to go. However, due to limited time I went with a simple install. I chose to install the connections to the back of the toys consol because it was very easy to access the wires and install the connectors from that area.

With that said, I'm still in the testing phase of the toy box 2.0. I must say this little box has got to be one of the coolest things I've bought for the car. After some tuning with the agp wga/dab settings I'll followup with a full review.

Next on my list will be the WOT box:eveilgrin
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,049 Posts
JohnL said:
I agree, soldering is the best way to go. However, due to limited time I went with a simple install. I chose to install the connections to the back of the toys consol because it was very easy to access the wires and install the connectors from that area.

With that said, I'm still in the testing phase of the toy box 2.0. I must say this little box has got to be one of the coolest things I've bought for the car. After some tuning with the agp wga/dab settings I'll followup with a full review.

Next on my list will be the WOT box:eveilgrin
Sounds good. So did you strip like 3 feet of the Toybox cable to get enough to reach from there to the OBD connector?

Ok, let me know how it goes. Thanks for the review!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, pics have been deleted. I'll try and find back up pics, but for now pics are not available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
i have a toybox 1.0 and was wondering the easiest install for it. im running stage 2 wtoys without a bezel. if some1 can link me id appreciate it thanks.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top