Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I topped my car out for the first time with the 50 trim. I have a stage 1 pcm. So I'm going through the gears and I hold it down in 5th. It still pulled VERY hard above 140, like as hard as a stock SRT would pull in 3rd. It went right to 160, and started backfiring at 162mph as I was approaching redline. I was expecting closer to 170, but at least I know what it can do now. This was done on a dyno btw... seriously, it was really on a dyno and not the street.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
170??? :wah?!:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
if you had a S2 of S3 pcm that raises your redline, im sure you could hit 165-170 with the added redline since you obviously have the power to keep it there but i would be scared as hell to go that fast in a neon

·
Registered
21 Posts
170 on the street (I should say hw), its only good if you have the suspension set to handle the car going that fast, and let me tell you, it was fun every single time! :thumbsup: I can t wait to see what it does with my ordered AEM EMS. Flame on!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Ya i did 160 on stock suspension. It was scary as hell.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
i do belive stg 3 raises the redline to 6.5k .......but a standalone sounds more like your poison if you wanna go faster than 162mph.........on a dyno:hi:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would go with EMS, but I think I've already done enough. I already put way more money into this car than I should have and honestly, I'm starting to grow out of this how speed obsession I have.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
NightShade said:
i have been at 160+ multiple times on stock suspension and i felt very comfortable
unless your stage 2/3 you can go much faster then 160 without different size tires. (maybe 162). your gear/rev limited

but yes, 160 on the stock suspension isn't all that bad...as long as you dont have to turn.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Dark-SRT4 said:
unless your stage 2/3 you can go much faster then 160 without different size tires. (maybe 162). your gear/rev limited

but yes, 160 on the stock suspension isn't all that bad...as long as you dont have to turn.
stg 2 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
i wish there were flat and straight enough roads around here to hit 150 without being scared as shit of a turn or a cop. They always come up at just the worst times possible.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
140 with two people in the car and she was still pulling.

Stage 2 is Speed limited to 155mph. FYI

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, the point of this thread wasn't for everyone to say how fast they have gone and how it was or wasn't safe. Theres plenty of other threads for that. I just posted this to tell those of you who are interested one thing. If you are using the S1 PCM, the highest number you can see on your speedometer is 162. At that point the car starts backfiring and its topped out. Depending on tire/wheel sizes will alter your actual top speed, but your speedometer will never read any higher than 162mph.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
OrAnGe-SrT4 said:
Haha....No, maybe try 170... :readclose
Bflaker said:
Stage 2 is Speed limited to 155mph. FYI
Both of you are correct. I have seen videos where the S2 upgrade limit top speed. I have seen others where people just keep on trucking

·
Banned
4,828 Posts
silentwig said:
Both of you are correct. I have seen videos where the S2 upgrade limit top speed. I have seen others where people just keep on trucking
I know my stg 2 pcm controled boost car is limited to 155!!!! :readclose Even with the most aero dynamic position behind the wheel, it still is limited!!!! :jester:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts