Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, everyone seems to talk a lot about 1/4 mile, trap speeds, etc.
rarely do i see a thread about top speeds...

i'd like to know how many here with modified srt's do top speed runs and what they see on their speedos.
while i understand that speedo error is probable, i'd be able to determine what's realistic based on spedometer reading.

most i've seen is 158-159mph on my speedo...that's with S2 a CCA FMIC and 3" exhaust.

wonder what those of you with big turbos/nitrous run...

raced a buddy's chipped/exhaust M3 top end...hung in till about 140+ where he just powered away like i was sitting still. It's times like those i wish i had n2o...still he can do 180++ no problem.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Nobody talks about top speed because there is no need to. The computer in the car will limit you to be the same as every other srt-4 on the planet that dosent have engine management. Only other things like going down a hill or something are going to get you faster, more power will do nothing.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Honda Hunter said:
Nobody talks about top speed because there is no need to. The computer in the car will limit you to be the same as every other srt-4 on the planet that dosent have engine management. Only other things like going down a hill or something are going to get you faster, more power will do nothing.
I have a dyno sheet that will disagree with you. My car in stock form pulled 160 mph. I let off at 5700.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
but who care how fast you can go it is how fast you to that speed side why risk geting you shit revoked to how fast you car can go.. I mean really 158?? you know you going to jail if you get caught

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Nasty_NAS said:
but who care how fast you can go it is how fast you to that speed side why risk geting you shit revoked to how fast you car can go.. I mean really 158?? you know you going to jail if you get caught
Ever pissed in Public? Outside! You know your going to jail if you get caught. :lol:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
now ask me again...if i give a fuck about going to jail

fucking cherries...who let all these virgins in here?

AWESOME!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
245kph is the highest I've seen - and I'm bone stock.

And sorry... if you buy an SRT-4 and never have responsible fun with it... your keys should be taken away :domohit:

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Honda Hunter said:

i read multiple times on the board that our cars dont have speed restictors in the computer... so how can this be?

Makes no sence

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm not dumb enough to go that fast but I thought the car had the same speed limiting software as other dodges. The neon would get up too 120 then fall back down.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
ive gone to 155 mph at half throttle and still pulling when i let up :eek: this was on high desert I-15 coming back from vegas.. and all i had back then was mbc, spring mod and ram hood/airbox mod... oh yeah, smoked a m3 (the the older 240 hp one) whilst i was at it :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have done 150 and let off but it was still pulling

·
Registered
696 Posts
I did somewhere between 140 and 150 to overtake a bike that had blown by me. In all honesty, I'm not sure what the guy in the bike thought. There's a chance he never even noticed me until I overtook him, because he was blowing by other cars (and me earlier while I was cruising at 75) like we were stopped. So I don't think he was racing me in any shape or form. I still think I suprised the hell out of him though :p

I do realize it was pretty a [email protected]$!^* stupid thing to do. I don't think I'll ever do it again - in the same circumstances. It was really stupid. I had my 12 year old sister in the car with me, and there was some traffic (I never had to change lanes, but still, if anyone changed lanes without noticing how fast I was comming up on them, I could have killed them, myself, my sister and others).

So regardless of whether you have fast bikes or not, going that fast can be very stupid - at least if you do it like I did, it does depend on the circumstances however, but in most cases, chances are you're risking someone else's life (other drivers).

PS: Oh yeah, and I didn't max out at that speed, I simply passed the bike (only thing I wanted to do) and then let off after I pulled a few car lengths on him.

PPS: Easily one of the dumbest things I have ever done in my entire life.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Digichris said:
Ever pissed in Public? Outside! You know your going to jail if you get caught. :lol:
Yep, but I didn't go to jail. Got a ticket for Lewd, Crude and Immoral Acts. :thumbsup:

Ed

P.S. - Got thrown out by the judge, I told him "When you got to go, you've GOT to go!". He laughed his ass off. :jester:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
You guys do relieze that top speed in our cars is limted to gearing and not power or
ECU limitations correct?

@ 160 you close to rev limiter, though if you were able to increase rev limiter you would
be able to get a couple MPH top end. If we had a 6th gear we would be good.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pretty sure aerodynamics plays the BIGGEST part in why our cars don't go too fast top end...it takes a lot of hp to go faster once your aeros are maxed out...that's why i was asking the big turbo/n2o guys

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
What's too fast?:) Honda Hunter is wrong, no PCM limiter. Stock = 155-15, S1=maybe 160ish, S2 = maybe 165, S3 = ???? We are drag limited and that means HUGE power increases don't buy much.

I am curious about that M3 going 180+, E46?

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am curious about that M3 going 180+, E46?
it's an '03 i know that much...
he's a big gear head and claims he only has a chip and exhaust on it...the thing flies, i've been in it...feels solid as hell at crazy crazy speeds, no doubt the BMW M3 suspension is bar none.

he also had his pc re-flashed to rid the 155mph governor.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.