Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need some advice. i am a tech and i need a bigger tool box. i got a qutoe from matco for 4000 for a 3 bay with a stainless steel top. this is a one time offer only i have to give him a answer by friday so he can order at that price. the only prob is i am currently looking for a house and trying to pay off my car, so money is kind of tight. i just dont know what to do. i meen i need a tool box but dam 4 g's. any advice? oh and does anybody here have a box for sale? just thought i might ask. thanks guys

·
Registered
121 Posts
4k for a tool box? I hear my mechanic friend talk about how epensive his tools are and stuff but damn!!! Coming from a guy who has 2 kids and a morgage....put that cash into a house. On the other hand, income tax is almost here :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you believe you "need" a bigger box, but the first thing that comes to mind is your car payment and a possible need for thousands of dollars to close on a mortgage contract......it might not be the right time for you to buy. Remember, the box isn't gonna make you any money. Also, your tool rep is a salesman, his prices are negotiable, and I am sure it's not a once in a lifetime price he is offering you......the sale will come around again someday. Good luck with the house hunting man.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well from what he told me the orig price of the box is almost 6 g's. im getting it at a promo cost on last years price, which brings it down to 4 and change. then he gave me an additional 10% off which brings it down to 3546. he is giving me the stainless steel top for 265. so after tax im looking at 4g's. i saw the price of the same box for this year and it is just ridiculous. so thats why i am in this predicament. i said need because i have a little little toolbox and it is filled up. i need to buy more tools but have no where to put it. and thanks i'll need all the luck i can get

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
sears has a really nice one now i was looking at thats like 40 inches or 48 its sweeet they want 1200 for it right now

·
Registered
462 Posts
you can buy a whole garage full of craftsman mechanic tool boxs for 4k bucks.rolling annd stationary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a good choice if you want to have a box for the tools. I have found many tools that are very lovable to look at and are easy to handle. While purchasing a tool for yourself you have to be precise for the quality. Sometimes, unintentionally you can purchase cheap and disaster boxes that are really bad in use. Toolboxes are hardly found that are really capable and meet our needs. allinonetables for more you can check this website for good tools. It has a wide variety of tools that we find on multiple websites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts