Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, got my oil changed about 600 miles ago, didn't check the level it was at, but I guess it was quite a bit over max... Driving home I stalled in 4th... and it wont run unless the rpms are kept high... is this most likely the issue...? Dunno how Im gonna get to work tomorrow... heh.

·
Registered
12,712 Posts
How much over max? I mean, a half a quart high wouldn't do that...i'd drain it and put new oil in if you have to. Don't drive around like that....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well, if its too much should it have shown an issue before 600 miles.....? Its about a half inch above the line for max, basically if your familiar with the dip stick the oil ends on the M of MAX heres a diagram... lol <~~|_________|<----- MAX

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the OBD-II says its my ICM (Idle control motor thats bad) cuz it will run fine if I have some gas pushed... but yeah anyone know the difficulty for installing this and where its located..? I've got the part ordered as we speak.

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
Half an inch? that's like a quart over filled. Drain some out, you'll have alot more blow by than normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts