Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 2004 SRT-4. Does anyone have tokico lowering springs? They're red and old school
The product number is (uf 5101f-p). They are on brand new stock struts as of August 2019.

The car used to be tracked and dragged by my uncle since he got the car in 2004. Mods he had done was the tokico lowering springs, Mopar blow off plate and an injen SAI.

Does anyone know if coil springs should be changed since they are as old as the car?
(I live in New Jersey and the car just bounces like crazy. Especially the rear.)

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Typically coil springs are not considered a wear part. If you live in a salty area and the springs are rusting i would consider changing them due to a failure of a spring could easily cause an accident.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you should not worry about the coil springs, it's more important to check the suspension components like the tie rods, bushings and cv joints. Those are the wear and tear parts that needs to be checked every now and then. If the car bounces like crazy, try checking the shock absorbers.

·
Administrator
39,333 Posts
I have a feeling these were for a regular neon and are NOT a good option for an SRT. Make sure the struts are 100% SRT specific struts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you should not worry about the coil springs, it's more important to check the suspension components like the tie rods, bushings and cv joints. Those are the wear and tear parts that needs to be checked every now and then. If the car bounces like crazy, try checking the shock absorbers.
I had a loose oil filter 3 weeks ago. jacked my car up. tightened it and it was fine. Looked at the lower suspension stuff and saw that my passenger side front swaybar endlink was napped and not even connected to the sway bar. I checked the driver's side and it was still connected.
I replaced the front sway bar end links with prothane front end links and now the car handles and rides better.
I went ahead and replaced the stock rear sway bar end-links with the prothane shorter end links and it helped with the stability even further. Now the car absorbs and rides comfortably. Handles crisp with sharper steering. Little to no body roll.
My tires have uneven wear now XD. The driver's side is half worn down compared to the passenger side. I assume it was because most of the load was on the driver side which had the endlink still attached.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
loose oil filter... yikes... Glad you got your car handling better. Might be a good idea to get an alignment if you haven't had one in a while.

I had a set of Tokico HP blues (struts) and Tokcio lowering springs (red) on my 2001 Dodge Neon SE. Dropped the car about 1.5'' all around. Very nice plug and play setup.

·
Administrator
39,333 Posts
Fyi, once one end link is disconnected there's no load on the other one or the whole system unless the bar is bound up solid in the chassis mount bushings. You have a very slight increase in unsprung weight, but nothing that would cause extra wear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts