Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty,

I've been hanging out on the local Mustang forum lately (Mighty Mustangs) and asked to race a pre S/C Cobra. I pulled on a new 997 model 911 the other day and was feeling pretty good so I issued the challenge and today got a few good races in.

First up was a 99 Cobra with complete intake (intake, throttle body, manifold, etc), full exhaust, chip and 4.10 gears. We ran from 40, 60 and 80 and overall it was a wash. This guy's car sounded awesome (like most Mustangs with exhausts) and had some bite. From the lower gears I pulled him a little and from the higher gears he pulled me a little but overall it was even. Six races later we called it a draw. Very cool guy - name is Tom and he drives a red Cobra with a tan convertable.

Second up and unexpected was Jack, he owns a wicked red Z28 with a black wheels and a blacked out rear tail section (the piece that says Camaro). This guy's exhaust made me jump when he punched it on the road out of Vogelweh because 1. I didn't expect it and 2. holy crap it's loud. In ninja terms, totally sweet. Same kind of scenario with one much longer race at the end. He'd jump me good at the launch in every gear (with a slipping clutch) but when we were both well off, he'd only inch away. The last long race was like that; he got 4 cars ahead and from there on, through the corners and up to 150ish, we were very very close.

These guys were totally cool, fun to race and gave the SRT props when the speeding was finished. I'm taking the car to the dyno Friday morning to see how I'm doing because it's definately faster than before - ask Joe.

BTW Joe, he knows of your car because of your annoying, loud ass blow-off valve, LMAO.

-Will

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Cool dude!
I think that guy with the Z28 lives right off of the main street in Volgeweh heading towards Hoenecken. I see him often out there working on his car. Everytime I drive by I gotta give a "shout" out what's up! His car does sound mean as hell and looks good too!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want a real race, talk to this cat and watch his Z28 pull away. It was simply awesome.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tight Race, Holmes...

I bet they wont under estimate an SRT again

Peace
:wah?!:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I don't think they will :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I played with a Boxter today. Remember, I am not an SRT owner, he had me by a bit but it was still fun. Rolling dig from 40, pulled about 1 length by 80, then we had to slow down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts