Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got rear ended Thursday night and got pushed into a jeep which messed up the hood in addition to the rear bumper & exhaust.

So I asked the body shop to replace the stock hood (the stock hood is almost $1,000) with the IPP CF hood this morning and they said no problem!

Question I have and would like some advice for the forum is w/my eblue SRT, should I leave this cool IPP hood CF black or have them paint it blue like the rest of the car? Besides the look are there any pros or cons of painting CF?

And does anyone have pictures of this hood either way on an eblue?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
paint part of it...leave the middle where the scoop is carbon....theres a damn pic around here somewhere

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would go w/ the cbd carbon hood. I just had a wreck, and bought the cbd hood. I think it is a better designed hood, from what I hear, it has no fittement issues, like the ipp hood, plus it still has all the duct work of the stock hood.

www.carbonbydesign.com

Don't really know about painting it though...

·
Registered
294 Posts
jut said:
I would go w/ the cbd carbon hood. I just had a wreck, and bought the cbd hood. I think it is a better designed hood, from what I hear, it has no fittement issues, like the ipp hood, plus it still has all the duct work of the stock hood.

www.carbonbydesign.com

I agree, no paint and go with the CBD unit. I would consider a satin or semi flat clear coat to knock down some of the gloss and add an extra UV barrier.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I just saw a pic of Dale Seeley's car with the outsides of the IPP hood painted and the center left CF black. I really like that and think that I will be going that route.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
jut said:

www.carbonbydesign.com

Just for a little self indulgence...

There is such an ENORMOUS difference between our hoods and all of the other hoods available, it's just shocking. And that's the reason it's offered in more dealership parts rooms than all of the other brands combined. If you want a hood that fit better than stock, won't turn yellow with a fully functional inner, we'd love to make you a great deal!

Ask anyone who has bought one, and they’ll tell you our hood fits better than stock!

Dominick
Carbon by Design

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey can you post some pics of the IPP HOOD TRYING TO DECIDE if i want one! I have a e-blue also. Want to post some pics and show a few friends of the difference between the ipp and CBD. I am on a budget though so not sure wich one i will go with yet.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eatmydust said:
paint it mine looks good half painted
Yep, I like the way yours looks and will be doing pretty much that general design in eblue of course and the IPP hood has the side scoops which is a little different, but I like the custom approach instead of being all CF black like everyone else.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
jut said:

www.carbonbydesign.com

:werd: to that. and leave it unpainted. also cbd needs to make a none stock looking cf hood. i like the ipp styling but alot of people have it and it fits like poo.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
2004NeonSRT4 said:
:werd: to that. and leave it unpainted. also cbd needs to make a none stock looking cf hood. i like the ipp styling but alot of people have it and it fits like poo.
Well said, why whould you buy a hood everyone knows doesn't fit, look at the fitment on our hood, then pick any other hood and compare, look at the inner of our hood, then pick any other hood, and compare...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
5.0stangkiller said:
IPP HOOD PICTURES PLEASE SO I CAN DECIDE!!! E-blue perferably and if you have gunmetal wheels like me that woudl be even better!! Who else is having probs with fitment issues???

I left a message with Dale asking for permission to post a picture of his car, but have not heard back from him yet. Sorry but I'm not going to post it without his permission. It looks very nice though. If we haven't heard from him by tomorrow, you should send him a PM asking for a pic like I did.

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
i missed the part where unmatching body panels were cool looking.
i would never consider going with an unpainted anything.

j.r.:king:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.