Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had a vision for months now of what would the srt4 look with flames on it? i kinda want to go for that amercian hot rod look, something that be anti ricer lookin

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not sure how it would look....I agree with the anti-ricer thing, but it may end up just looking cheesy. Ive seen some Pt-Cruisers with flames, and it doesnt look to great. I think racing stripes would look better...and they have their roots in older muscle cars too.

you know those rims that come on the GT mustangs now?? I wonder how those would look on the SRT-4 (and lowered)...in my mind they look great and they sort of have that muscle car vibe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
those rims = heavy. plus mustangs are obviously no good. you should buy the dodge muscle car. oh, wait....plus, 4 cylinder + fwd = ricer (pretty much). no matter what you do you will not own a true, rwd v8 american muscle car - the ultimate anti-ricer...b/c that = mustang gt or mach1 or cobra or corvette. you own a japanese inspired car. get over it. or, maybe instead of a rice burner, you should say you drive a sauerkraut burner. hahahahahahaha! :p

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
svtguy said:
those rims = heavy. plus mustangs are obviously no good. you should buy the dodge muscle car. oh, wait....plus, 4 cylinder + fwd = ricer (pretty much). no matter what you do you will not own a true, rwd v8 american muscle car - the ultimate anti-ricer...b/c that = mustang gt or mach1 or cobra or corvette. you own a japanese inspired car. get over it. or, maybe instead of a rice burner, you should say you drive a sauerkraut burner. hahahahahahaha! :p
your point came across my mind but you should try not to come across as a troll. I understand you feel that american sport compacts have their roots in Japanese sport compacts but thats where i call a bluff. Sure the Honda Civic is thought to have originated the scene but you must keep in mind that it was the Rabbit (later to become the Golf) that brought low buget fun for everyone here in America. The truth guys is as hard as it is to admit, guess what car was the originater of the Sport Compact scene? Thank the British Automobile industry, Mr. Cooper and Mini. Please remember that the Mini Cooper although never popular here was manufactured from the 1950s up until 1999 when BMW ceased production to overhaul the plant in preparation for the new Mini. This my friends the cold truth is that while the Japanese brought us cheap reliable daily transport it was the Germans and then the Americans that started the movement here in America. It wasnt until the late 80s and early 90s with the strong presence of imported compacts that the tuners began to realize that there was a niche market. Now a multi-billion dollar industry you all should give credit where its due Mini, VW then Chrysler and then the rest we all know is history. Dodge stepped into the scence with the Omni back in late 1979 but it wasnt until 85-86 that they really turned the heat up with the GLH-Turbo much like they did with the SRT4 recently. The mission back then (set forth by a former GM boss who was then running Chrysler :roll: ) was to turn the Omni into a contender, keep it at a 9,995 sticker, pass emissions, meet EPA fuel guidelines, good handling and most of all fun to drive. What resulted was the also the originater of the TD (TurboDodge) movement that is still present today. Sure the GLH-T (Goes Like Hell - Turbo :roll: ) was crude, ugly etc but at the end of the day the T1 powered (2.2L SOHC Turbo NON-intercooled) with its mighty (then) 146hp was (and still is, sure not stock but you get the point) a force to reckon with as no one else had anything that could compete (then). Then in 1986 C. Shelby (the guy who brought you the GT500 KR :wink: )made sure the Omni got as much attention as all of those weak V8s of the 80s and thus the Shelby Omni was born and a legacy that to this day holds true in all of the Shelby-Dodges that still prowl American roads destroying some V8s in the process with half the cylinders :roll: . The Omni GLHS is more than a Shelby numbered car..its the originater of the American Sport Compact movement PERIOD!. If you all recall history when (my car) the Shelby Omni was introduced to the world it came fresh out of spanking an American classic the Shelby GT350, C. Shelby knew what the outcome would be , was comfident about it and welcomed Hot Rod magazine's editors to test his latest creation...a 4 cylinder american economy car :? . I will give VW its credit as well because the Rabbit grew from an economy car into an innovator of FWD-ers but never was the originator nor was the Honda Civic. Maybe if you guys (those who are anti Sport Compact ..Mustang owners, LS1 owners and so forth) should do your research before you come to our forums bashing what choose as our mode of transport. I respect V8 muscle cars and all but you guys should step back and think about it. While sure you have your M5s, Z8's, F355 , 360M and so on remember that there are still cars out there like the Dodge Viper SRT-10 or the Ram SRT10 or any Corvette that are still using pushrod driven engines not some computer or variable valve timing to run the show (Sorry Mustand guys you know the truth..face it :roll: ). Dont get me started on V8s cause if you LS1 guys go back remember your cars wouldnt be here had it not been for the I-6 powered Vette of yore (sure GM swepted it up after installing a V8) if it werent for the Corvette we'd have no F bodies or LS1s and LS6s or the many years of dominance the Vette has held on and off. Now for the Ford side, the GT40 will always hold its place in history..enough said. Henry Ford did bring his dream to mass production and if it wasnt for Ford the global car industry wouldnt be the same. Over the years Ford has manage to overcome serious obstacles and it is shouldnt seem like a miracle to all that it continues to prosper. Lets all step back in and remember that each of the cars made by the Big 3 have contributed in their own ways to the "Muscle Car" history here in America. Sure while all are not V8s (some Flat motored, most 4 cylinder , some turbo , some supercharged and most very fuel efficient, then and still now) the technology they have brought to the table is what has kept many American automakers in business. Think about the 70s fuel crisis and remember these names..Civic, Gremlin, Omni, Rabbit, Pinto , Beetle and Prelude because there would be many cars and companies that would not have lived to see this day had it not been for these fuel efficient 4 cylinders bringing home the bread and butter so that they could continue making their money pits (V8s) better and faster. There would be no Thunderbird had it not been for the Vette..there would be no Camaro/Firebird had it not been for the Mustang...and (saddest for some of you all to admit) there would be no American cars to call Muscle cars had it not been for one car The Ford Model T. If you cant admit that then you need to park you car, think about it and then rationalize the denial you are in. Do your research and all of the cars you V8 Hot Roders hate so much in part helped to make sure your car (in some cases) was born and ensured that they still exist today...wuth more glory than ever in some cases. I may someday own a V8 may not but since i cant afford one like many others here (i mean to maintain and keep fueled) my dreams of going fast are fueled by a good ole fashioned SOHC designed 4 cylinder, a turbo and a 4 door economy car. What is wrong with dreaming big in a small, lightweight and nimble package that just so happens to be fuel efficient, family oriented and easy to maintain? cant we all dream....im a regular car guy, i have my prefference but dont impose them on others...you should try it too :wink: 8) ....

BTW if done tastefully stripes or flames wouldnt be bad but then again we all have different definitions of tasteful. So dont ask if you should..its your car, your money and your taste...do as you wish and forget about what others think. :wink:

(excuse my spelling im in a rush..trying to get ready for work and i was very inspired by the rude/yet relevant thoughts SVTguy brought to this thread ...you inspired me to bring up my knowledge)

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
insert clever sn here said:
i think some tastefully done ghost flames would look nice. either silver or red.
Me too!

·
Registered
726 Posts
acr2nv said:
svtguy said:
your point came across my mind but you should try not to come across as a troll. I understand you feel that american sport compacts have their roots in Japanese sport compacts but thats where i call a bluff. Sure the Honda Civic is thought to have originated the scene but you must keep in mind that it was the Rabbit (later to become the Golf) that brought low buget fun for everyone here in America. The truth guys is as hard as it is to admit, guess what car was the originater of the Sport Compact scene? Thank the British Automobile industry, Mr. Cooper and Mini. Please remember that the Mini Cooper although never popular here was manufactured from the 1950s up until 1999 when BMW ceased production to overhaul the plant in preparation for the new Mini. This my friends the cold truth is that while the Japanese brought us cheap reliable daily transport it was the Germans and then the Americans that started the movement here in America. It wasnt until the late 80s and early 90s with the strong presence of imported compacts that the tuners began to realize that there was a niche market. Now a multi-billion dollar industry you all should give credit where its due Mini, VW then Chrysler and then the rest we all know is history. Dodge stepped into the scence with the Omni back in late 1979 but it wasnt until 85-86 that they really turned the heat up with the GLH-Turbo much like they did with the SRT4 recently. The mission back then (set forth by a former GM boss who was then running Chrysler :roll: ) was to turn the Omni into a contender, keep it at a 9,995 sticker, pass emissions, meet EPA fuel guidelines, good handling and most of all fun to drive. What resulted was the also the originater of the TD (TurboDodge) movement that is still present today. Sure the GLH-T (Goes Like Hell - Turbo :roll: ) was crude, ugly etc but at the end of the day the T1 powered (2.2L SOHC Turbo NON-intercooled) with its mighty (then) 146hp was (and still is, sure not stock but you get the point) a force to reckon with as no one else had anything that could compete (then). Then in 1986 C. Shelby (the guy who brought you the GT500 KR :wink: )made sure the Omni got as much attention as all of those weak V8s of the 80s and thus the Shelby Omni was born and a legacy that to this day holds true in all of the Shelby-Dodges that still prowl American roads destroying some V8s in the process with half the cylinders :roll: . The Omni GLHS is more than a Shelby numbered car..its the originater of the American Sport Compact movement PERIOD!. If you all recall history when (my car) the Shelby Omni was introduced to the world it came fresh out of spanking an American classic the Shelby GT350, C. Shelby knew what the outcome would be , was comfident about it and welcomed Hot Rod magazine's editors to test his latest creation...a 4 cylinder american economy car :? . I will give VW its credit as well because the Rabbit grew from an economy car into an innovator of FWD-ers but never was the originator nor was the Honda Civic. Maybe if you guys (those who are anti Sport Compact ..Mustang owners, LS1 owners and so forth) should do your research before you come to our forums bashing what choose as our mode of transport. I respect V8 muscle cars and all but you guys should step back and think about it. While sure you have your M5s, Z8's, F355 , 360M and so on remember that there are still cars out there like the Dodge Viper SRT-10 or the Ram SRT10 or any Corvette that are still using pushrod driven engines not some computer or variable valve timing to run the show (Sorry Mustand guys you know the truth..face it :roll: ). Dont get me started on V8s cause if you LS1 guys go back remember your cars wouldnt be here had it not been for the I-6 powered Vette of yore (sure GM swepted it up after installing a V8) if it werent for the Corvette we'd have no F bodies or LS1s and LS6s or the many years of dominance the Vette has held on and off. Now for the Ford side, the GT40 will always hold its place in history..enough said. Henry Ford did bring his dream to mass production and if it wasnt for Ford the global car industry wouldnt be the same. Over the years Ford has manage to overcome serious obstacles and it is shouldnt seem like a miracle to all that it continues to prosper. Lets all step back in and remember that each of the cars made by the Big 3 have contributed in their own ways to the "Muscle Car" history here in America. Sure while all are not V8s (some Flat motored, most 4 cylinder , some turbo , some supercharged and most very fuel efficient, then and still now) the technology they have brought to the table is what has kept many American automakers in business. Think about the 70s fuel crisis and remember these names..Civic, Gremlin, Omni, Rabbit, Pinto , Beetle and Prelude because there would be many cars and companies that would not have lived to see this day had it not been for these fuel efficient 4 cylinders bringing home the bread and butter so that they could continue making their money pits (V8s) better and faster. There would be no Thunderbird had it not been for the Vette..there would be no Camaro/Firebird had it not been for the Mustang...and (saddest for some of you all to admit) there would be no American cars to call Muscle cars had it not been for one car The Ford Model T. If you cant admit that then you need to park you car, think about it and then rationalize the denial you are in. Do your research and all of the cars you V8 Hot Roders hate so much in part helped to make sure your car (in some cases) was born and ensured that they still exist today...wuth more glory than ever in some cases. I may someday own a V8 may not but since i cant afford one like many others here (i mean to maintain and keep fueled) my dreams of going fast are fueled by a good ole fashioned SOHC designed 4 cylinder, a turbo and a 4 door economy car. What is wrong with dreaming big in a small, lightweight and nimble package that just so happens to be fuel efficient, family oriented and easy to maintain? cant we all dream....im a regular car guy, i have my prefference but dont impose them on others...you should try it too :wink: 8) ....

BTW if done tastefully stripes or flames wouldnt be bad but then again we all have different definitions of tasteful. So dont ask if you should..its your car, your money and your taste...do as you wish and forget about what others think. :wink:

(excuse my spelling im in a rush..trying to get ready for work and i was very inspired by the rude/yet relevant thoughts SVTguy brought to this thread ...you inspired me to bring up my knowledge)

Geez man...don't hold back - quit beating around the bush! I mean, tell us how you really feel! :lol:
(j/k)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
acr2nv said:
your point came across my mind but you should try not to come across as a troll. I understand ....
Put the keyboard down! :)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yeah ghost flames would look good as long as they are subtle. I wouldn't go for the "loud" look. And don't use the flame decal package that comes with the PT Cruiser. I'd go for the painted on ones instead of the decals.

-faast

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ghost flames = awesome

Red/Orange/Yellow "chevy" flames = gay

·
Registered
30 Posts
too bad i don't drive a v8. that was quite a disertation (sp?). annoying font, but well said. btw, what's a "troll"? if it is someone who gets people to spend inordinate amounts of time responding to an inflammatory remark than, yeah, I guess I was. But no 4 cylinder will ever be a muscle car although it can still be fast. start the war in iraq so we can lower these goddamn gas prices!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
white ghost flames on a black car would rock tha hizzouse!

·
Registered
16 Posts
acr2nv said:
svtguy said:

holy $hit who has time to read all that?

·
Registered
109 Posts
ohyeahwright,

Love to read your stuff, but may I make a suggestion? I don’t want to sound like your high school English teacher, but after every logical paragraph, hit the return key.

You made some really good points about the Mini and the GTI. I have owned and loved both. However, the massive text block combined with the bold italic makes it almost unreadable.

Keep posting, even at length, but help us with the font and the spaces.

Not trying to come off like a jerk, hope it doesn't read that way.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I don't think Ohyeah wrote it. I think it was Acr2nv ...and yes a little paragraph spacing could have made it easier on the eyes. :shock:

·
Registered
726 Posts
PB Pod said:
ohyeahwright,

Love to read your stuff, but may I make a suggestion? I don’t want to sound like your high school English teacher, but after every logical paragraph, hit the return key.

You made some really good points about the Mini and the GTI. I have owned and loved both. However, the massive text block combined with the bold italic makes it almost unreadable.

Keep posting, even at length, but help us with the font and the spaces.

Not trying to come off like a jerk, hope it doesn't read that way.
Wish I could claim it but it twasn't me! (I agree with your gentle grammatical proddings though :lol: )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
20 Participants
Acidryno
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing