Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just got a quote to have my 2 JL 12" W3s installed with a new box, new wires (cause they won't guarantee using my old ones) and Dynamat for friggen $400! I have no idea if this is high or not, but the Dynamat adds $200. I absolutely refuse to be one of those ghetto vibrators who rolls around bumpin all kinda crazy sound and vibrating so bad you cannot even tell what song they are listening to. I want clean sound and a deep tone from outside, no vibrations!!! Is the dynamat completely necessary or do I perhaps not need to line the whole trunk? Any input? Or should I just do it...I'm actually considering selling my crap and just keepin the "livin loud" or whatever the crap the stuff is they put in here from the factory.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
the trunk lid is definately a neccessaty. You might be able to get away without doing the entire trunk..... but if u can get that "alternative" stuff for cheap, do it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dynomat is expensive .......however it made a major differencce for me get it everywhere and you r system will soiund so much cleaner. however its kind of heavy

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
tao10 said:
Dynomat is expensive .......however it made a major differencce for me get it everywhere and you r system will soiund so much cleaner. however its kind of heavy
dynamat.** and there are cheaper generic alternatives. as well as making your own... using shit for your roof will make a difference and such. but dynamat isn't the end all... try brown bead. cheaper much much cheaper.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Dynomat is the way to go. I did my whole trunk in my old Dodge shadow and it made my system sound soo much louder and no rattle (make sure you put some on the back of your license plate) Just get a big roll and a heat gun and go to town......it was about 4 years ago that I did it so I wouldn't know if there is better stuff out there (been out of the car systems loop for about that time) but it's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm starting to think 400 bucks...or any dollar amount for that matter, isn't worth the added weight of my system...I dunno, I would definitely miss my subs, I am considering selling it now though. Anyone want some JL 12W3s and a fosgate 360a2 amp with wires? Paid over a grand for it all...just a shot in the dark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts