Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I recently drove one and it definentely surprised me to say the least. The thing is, i'm a muscle car kinda guy and i love rear wheel drive cars. My question is, in everyone's honest opinion, would a person like this be happy with buying a Srt-4??? Or is there anyone in my shoes that bought one??? Thanks for the advice in advance.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
kball said:
Well, I recently drove one and it definentely surprised me to say the least. The thing is, i'm a muscle car kinda guy and i love rear wheel drive cars. My question is, in everyone's honest opinion, would a person like this be happy with buying a Srt-4??? Or is there anyone in my shoes that bought one??? Thanks for the advice in advance.
I miss my 74 Duster whippin around turns, doing dougnuts in empty parking lots and lighting up the tires with ease, however, this car is soo much fun in different ways.

You will love the car but will want a RWD beater or muscle car to quench your thirst.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Kball, i came from nothing but RWD cars to this car ( well uhhh excluding my shivic ) and i must say it takes a lil getting used too, not bad but you'll miss the RWD. But in all fairness you'll have alot of fun with the Srt either way. If i couldve kept my 92 stang it wouldve been cool as to it wouldve satisfied my need for rwd and i would have my fwd 4bang, best of both worlds, and yes i do miss my stang but o well. Basically just make sure this is really what you want. I know the first impression of the car is really nice and when you stomp on it your like holy chit, but again i say just make sure its what you want. Theres always other cars out there with power and capabalities you may want more. Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
if your going to be doing alot of racing from a stop, you will get aggravated by the wheel hop, or if your looking for great quarter mile times, I would stay with RWD. If you looking for a daily driver to cruise around in, and destroy civics, and stock GTs, I would get the SRT-4. It is a great car for 21k.....it just all depends on what your looking for...but if your looking to get a fast quarter mile car....I would either look into getting a cobra or get a GT and throw on a vortec supercharger....or you can wait for the new GTs to come out....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Again, like most others I've owned mainly RWD & AWD cars. a few vettes, a GN, Audi S4, MB C43, WRX, etc. All I've got to say is if 21k is your pricepoint, this car is a monster, and a great choice.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am like Typhoon. I had a WRX (AWD is quite boring except for those launches!!! and now own a 2001 MR2) but the power and price, yo can't beat it. I am hoping to have my SRT by Dec.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I've been looking at the 03 Cobra too-of course its a bit more money but i'd have to wait till 2005 to get the 03 Cobra for hopefully around $25K. I just want something that I can have fun with, occasionally trip to the 1/4mile, and something dependable. I do really like the price on them. Decisions, decisions. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
no dont do it!!, buy a honda instead :eeeek: j/p man, seriously though its a fun car, there is some torque steer but as long as u keep both hands on the wheel it shouldn't be a problem. if u like it, buy it, if not there are alot of rwd cars out there to choose from.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i've only owned mustangs b4 my srt-4..and all i know is i made the right choice..its fun stock form..but once you start modding you'll forget all about wanting rwd muscle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well shit....im in the military and just got orders to go overseas next November 2005. I'd really like to have some fun before I go though...damnit....shit.....fock....Fock it, it will be worth it, right????

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
kball said:
Well shit....im in the military and just got orders to go overseas next November 2005. I'd really like to have some fun before I go though...damnit....shit.....fock....Fock it, it will be worth it, right????
Drive what you have till you leave then sell it. WHen you come back you will have a nice chunk of $$. Spend that $$ on a house and build up equity. Thats what I would do atleast. Or when you come back take that nice chuk of $$ and byu a Z06. The SRT-4 is fast and somewhat nice. But it has ZERO pimp factor. IMO House > Car. Don't buy a car when you are going oversea's for a year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea thanks Roo, I figured someone would give me "parently advice". I knew it myself, but just don't wanna fuggin wait. Damn. :buah:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
kball said:
Yea thanks Roo, I figured someone would give me "parently advice". I knew it myself, but just don't wanna fuggin wait. Damn. :buah:
That's the responsable thing to do but hey it's up to you. I know a guy that spent 2 tours in Iraq/Afghan. Came back with about $45-$50k. Bought a Silverado, raised it, pimped it out, and now parks it in his parents drive way. Waste of money in my book.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts