Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we have now confirmed 3 cars that have pressure holding issues at high boost and near redline. We are getting new o-rings for the the end of the regulator (small o-ring at the very tip of the FPR) that will fix the problem. This is what you could consider a recall for the FPR mod to make sure it will work with everyones car. Now for those of you that have already purchaced them this part will be free but it will take a week or 2 to get the o-rings (they have to be custom made, damit). There is no reason to "freak out" about this due to the fact that there have only been 3 out of 50 that have reported a problem with this (one is a local car that I found) it will not be something that is wide spread it is just me making sure that the mod is "perfect" for all the srt-4 owners, thanks.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
i bought a fpr yesterday, you shipped it today. does it have the new o ring? basically, do all new purchasers get the new o-ring, or will we have to wait as well?

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Wow a vendor that posts about problems and he also fix's them thats kick ass. Thats what we need more of on here. Keep it up ptp.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Glad I heard about this now, just pulled the contents out of the package and was reading the directions :) If you could send the agp spring upgrade when you ship the o-rings out I would appreciate it, thanks,
-=Josh=-

·
Registered
431 Posts
Is this a problem that could develop over time? I had a problem with mine but it was noticable immediately and was fixed easily with an oem "o" ring from parts at my local dealership.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey PTP, I believe you just sent mine out this monday (you said in PM)...Is the install that much of a pain that I should wait to install it till I get the new o-ring or should I go ahead and just install it and see if it creates any probs...Thanks

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
bballin410s said:
Hey PTP, I believe you just sent mine out this monday (you said in PM)...Is the install that much of a pain that I should wait to install it till I get the new o-ring or should I go ahead and just install it and see if it creates any probs...Thanks
3/50 have had this problem. I'm installing mine when I get it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
^^^^i will install too, and then see where it is at, but in the mean time John how are you going to work the issue? are you going to send the O-ring out to everyone who has one.

Paul

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
:clap: for a great vendor. Just a couple of questions though:

How does this "recall" work? Do we need to sign up for anything or are you just going by your previous order lists?

Also, I haven't experienced any problems with mine (I actually just installed it this morning), but are we at any risk of running less fuel than stock, or it just won't hold the additional fuel (75psi)?

Thanks again John,

Ed

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
and also since i have not received my FPR or MAP TIP clamp from the very first group buy will i get the replaced o-ring?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
i was 1 of the 3 cars!... great product cant wait for the new o ring...Big props to all PTP for a great product and even better customer service

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All FPR mods will get shipped as is untill the new o-rings are in and then they will get added to the package. As far as getting one of the o-rings and sending replacements, I will need addresses and names (not now) so I can get them out to everyone. As far as installing them, install away. I think that this is going to be a very very low number of cars that have this problem. They will still hold stock pressures with no issues it is that the 75 or 80 mod might leak down a bit at higher RPM and boost levels. This is not something that will happen over time it will either be there or not. Thanks for understanding guys and I didnt want to just sit on it and blame customers for improper install and let it go.

·
Registered
561 Posts
sorry if this is kinda stupid question.. but how can we tell if its not holding the pressure? Im assuming you'll have to see it on a wideband? or when i try to boost like 18-19 psi my car will start going bizzerk :lol:

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PwN_ThIs said:
sorry if this is kinda stupid question.. but how can we tell if its not holding the pressure? Im assuming you'll have to see it on a wideband? or when i try to boost like 18-19 psi my car will start going bizzerk :lol:
The wideband will show it as well as you will have a hard start (long crank time) issue. If you try to boost over 18 psi most cars seem to freak out a bit (stg 0 real bad) due to the timing being pulled as well as running a bit lean.

·
Registered
561 Posts
ptperformance said:
The wideband will show it as well as you will have a hard start (long crank time) issue. If you try to boost over 18 psi most cars seem to freak out a bit (stg 0 real bad) due to the timing being pulled as well as running a bit lean.
ok thanks PT, ill keep an eye on it.. I know the ole overboost freak out all to well, sounds like some1 is shooting an M16 off under my car :rofl:

·
Registered
368 Posts
hmm. I ordered a 80psi unit off your 1st GB. I haven't installed it yet, so maybe it's a good thing I was holding off till warmer weather..

John, how do I get part of the recall?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was one of the initial 20 for this mod, please PM me for my shipping info when these replacement o rings are ready, thanx! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Hey ptp.......do you think this might even help with a return line???? cause some people with big turbo's are doing the spoolboy/vector fix cause of a lean condition on high rpms just curious.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts