Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we have now confirmed 3 cars that have pressure holding issues at high boost and near redline. We are getting new o-rings for the the end of the regulator (small o-ring at the very tip of the FPR) that will fix the problem. This is what you could consider a recall for the FPR mod to make sure it will work with everyones car. Now for those of you that have already purchaced them this part will be free but it will take a week or 2 to get the o-rings (they have to be custom made, damit). There is no reason to "freak out" about this due to the fact that there have only been 3 out of 50 that have reported a problem with this (one is a local car that I found) it will not be something that is wide spread it is just me making sure that the mod is "perfect" for all the srt-4 owners, thanks.

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EssArTee-4 said:
I haven't seen any problems with my pressure....why exactly would a new O ring on the tip of the FPR help?
It appears to only be a few that are having the issue. Seems to have something to do with the pumps when they get built they are not "perfect" in where the FPR goes into. This causing a slight leak when you up the pressure with the FPR mod. The new o-ring will seal with more pressure and create a tighter seal to keep the fuel from leaking by.

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AgileSRT said:
I guess send me one, so I can add it before I put mine on, it's not here yet anyways lol.
I will be sending them out as soon as I get them. All I will need is name and address so I can send them out (do not send me the info yet I need to get the o-rings tested first) to all the current owners. I will send them asap when I get them.

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
Hmmm, A reason for me to take it out....Gess I should install that snap ring this time around. :jester: (PS, I lost that snap ring John...Any chances on getting another one.)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sent payment for my FPR, clamp, and AGP spring back on the 11th and I still dont have it. My question is , will the FPR now come with the new o-ring?

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HARLEYSUPERCREW said:
Sent payment for my FPR, clamp, and AGP spring back on the 11th and I still dont have it. My question is , will the FPR now come with the new o-ring?
No the o-rings have to be made custom, they dont have an o-ring that thick to fit that small of a center. You should have been informed that we were waiting for clamps to show up, all but the orders after the 16th have shipped.

·
Banned
5,214 Posts
AdvanSRT-4 said:
Hmmm, A reason for me to take it out....Gess I should install that snap ring this time around. :jester: (PS, I lost that snap ring John...Any chances on getting another one.)
The snap ring that came with the kit i didnt use. I had one laying around that was a bit smaller and wasnt a bitch to put in. Im sure you can find one at the auto parts or something.

·
Banned
5,214 Posts
Now i have a question. If I have a o-ring that fits it that is a bit bigger then the stock one will that work for now? Or does it have to be the "custom made" one

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
EssArTee-4 said:
I haven't seen any problems with my pressure....why exactly would a new O ring on the tip of the FPR help?
Dude you are reporting in another thread your car is NOW leaning up top over 4800 rpms since the 75 psi reg install. You have no clue do you?

Marion

·
Registered
223 Posts
ptperformance said:
No the o-rings have to be made custom, they dont have an o-ring that thick to fit that small of a center. You should have been informed that we were waiting for clamps to show up, all but the orders after the 16th have shipped.
OK my stuff came today. How long before the o-rings are ready? I can't wait any longer I need more fuel!! :crying:

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HARLEYSUPERCREW said:
OK my stuff came today. How long before the o-rings are ready? I can't wait any longer I need more fuel!! :crying:
I still want everyone installing there FPR mods. The problem only happend to 3 cars so far and no one else is having the issues. The o-ring is just to make all of them (even if its 5 out of a 100) perfect. I will know more this week on a delivery date for the 0-rings.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
ptperformance said:
I still want everyone installing there FPR mods. The problem only happend to 3 cars so far and no one else is having the issues. The o-ring is just to make all of them (even if its 5 out of a 100) perfect. I will know more this week on a delivery date for the 0-rings.
Thanks!
Let us know whats up.

Mine appears to be working fine currently. I have had it in for about a week+ now.

·
Registered
560 Posts
John:

You are saying that only 3 of 50 people have reported this as a problem, which would seem to indicate it is not that large of an issue, although one that still would need to be addressed. However I wonder them how many of the remaining 47 people are able to monitor their fuel pressure while actually driving the car. I for one can not, and after tuning the fuel removed the wideband from the car. Can you provide further information on how these select 3 discovered the problem so that others can check? Slightly worried about going lean at 5000rpms, 22psi clamped at 4.15V now.

:edit: Grammatical errors . . .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts