Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have had my eyes on g-Force T/A tired for a lil while now i want to know what u guys think? yea or na? i will admit mainly like them cause of the tread

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
The stock tires are very very good. Michilen pilot sports!

Expensive
Yes they are good , but while I was washing my car AGAIN (since you have black you know what I mean) I did notice that they won’t last too long.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
The stock tires are very very good. Michilen pilot sports!

Expensive
No Kidding...

Do I have the dubious distinction of being the first to have to replace a 17" Michelin Pilot Sport tire? :roll:

Getting out of my car earlier today I noticed a bubble on the sidewall about an inch and a half wide. I called around, found that Wal Mart was a Michelin dealer, and was told that since I didn't buy the tire there, they wouldn't honor the Michelin warranty! Bastards...

Sears was a little more accomodating and told me to bring it in for inspection. Two hours later, the guy tells me that it looks like road hazard damage and that it is not covered by the Michelin warranty. Just f'ing great...

The salt for my wounds came when the tire guy says he doesn't stock the tire and it would have to be ordered. Says it'll be about 4 days until he gets it in. In the mean time, my SRT-4 sits...driverless...alone...

Oh...the price to replace one of these bad boys at Sears? About $220. Needless to say, I'm buying road hazard insurance for all four tires I don't get raped again. (grumble, grumble...)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Did you talk to the dealer? Maybe dodge will cover the tire

·
Registered
726 Posts
ebbtide said:
Did you talk to the dealer? Maybe dodge will cover the tire
Talk to them?!?! I've tried emailing them twice but my sales guy at Maroone won't even respond! I'm becoming jaded...

Maybe I'll call Dodge...

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Call your local Dodge dealer. I had a local dealer here replace the MAP sensor, and they gave me no problem at all, even though I bought the car elsewhere. The worst they can say is no.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Yea, talk to the local dealer. You shouldn't have to replace that. Tell the dealer it was like that when you bought it :)

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
In the mean time, my SRT-4 sits...driverless...alone...
:idea: Don't let it sit...driverless...alone..., use the spare or have it repaired in the mean time. :wink:

·
Registered
295 Posts
what about

dude, you bought the car for 20g's. The dealer will replace it.
Anyway, about tires getting the best traction get the yokohama parada spec2's they are about 620.00 for the set of 4 and they grip like a mofo~~~~~~~~ I vouch for that!

oh, alittle off topic I might be getting a deal to get the pt turbo 18' rims on my srt-4 can anyone tell me the going price??? these rims were powder coated black with polished lip!!!!! looks like the imagines from konig??????

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm a SCCA Racer and I use Kumhos. I have a set of Ecsta v700 but I want to try a set of Victoraces v700s. They're Cheap, soft and never had problem yet. I was into Nittos and they worked but Tire Rack now has a Warehouse in town and they don't offer Nittos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts