Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I noticed that one of my tires was a little flat. I noticed a screw lodged in pretty deep. So I took it to TIRES PLUS to have it patched up and fixed. They got the job done BUT I noticed a FEW scratches on the rims (I have stock rims). I was furious. So the next day I had my wife go back and complain. She spoke to the manage and he pretty much laughed at her face.

I know for a fact that my rims were in mint condition b4 I took it in. The manager said that the scratches could have been made afterwards.
So we decided to call the District manager the next day. We met up with him face to face the next day and he said that they can take it to another shop to have the scratches removed(I dont know how that can done). AND he said that I have to pay half the cost to get it done.

This is ridiculous. What should I do? Can those scratches be removed? How would they do it?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Ok, Fuck the district manager, you need to contact the Coprorate offices and complain. If this was wear and tear after one day, how come the back tires don't have the scratches. Smells kinda fishy. Complain to a higher god.

Brian

Oh and BTW, that is from the Balancer machine, happened to me before on aftermarket wheels, complained to the corporate office and then sent me a check in the mail for the cost of one new wheel.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Tires plus is SHIT. A friend of mine used to have his tires rotated and oil changed there on a very religious schedule. Going home one night from work, his truck basically seized up. Called to have it towed to the dealership. They looked at it and told him he was going to have to have a shitload of work done and asked when the last time he had his oil changed was. Apparently the oil that they "drained" was like sludge. They needed a receipt to verify that things had been done to do the work under his extended warranty. He couldn't find the receipt from the change, but Tires Plus is supposed to have a nationwide computer link to keep track of shit like that for you and warranty info for them for tires, etc. He went to Tires Plus to verify that he had a change done recently (had actually only been about 1.5 months/1200 mi) and they said that they didn't have any record of his truck being there. To make a long story short, Tires Plus fucked him, then the dealership ass raped him for over $1500. Tires Plus is horrible!

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Get some paper and duplicate that pattern onto it, like big project paper from Wal-Mart. Go back there, show them the pattern matches your rim. Then ask to see the balancer machine and the mounting machine.

While the outer pattern or the inner MIGHT have been caused by something else, the odds of you finding a way to damage you tire in such a short time that EXACTLY matches their machine are slim.

Give them a choice to explain those odds to the small claims court judge or just buy you an undamaged rim. Repair NOT an option, you had an undamaged rim before, you should have one when you get the car back.

Is it all rims or just one? If just one, that's explained by bozo having the machine set wrong, noticing damage, then adusting machine so as to not damage the others.

Please report back what happens.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
bodizapha13 said:
Mopar SRT-4 17" Rims part number 5290189AB, $367.
per wheel

Shit! I want someone to scratch a couple of my wheels so I can get some new 18's! :rofl:

You gotta love the inflated dealer prices in situations like this :)

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
Not that you may care, But that circle was casued by when they were balancing the tire on the tire machine. There's this plastic thing that holds it on the balancer. For nice wheels, there not suppost to put it on. There suppost to use a cone that goes in the center of the wheel. The scratches on the "face" of the wheel, were probley caused by when they were taking the tire off the wheel. They may been using a metal "duck head",(a Part on tire machines) that slides around the rim to take of tires. Srry for so long, thought id inform ya on some stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.