Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We aren't going to be able to go with much wider tires on the stock wheels. Wider wheels with a different offset will have to be used.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Instructive shot. Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're welcome! The space between the tire and the trans is about 3/4" (with the wheel turned all the way to the right). The space between the tires and the struts isn't much better, just a little more than 1".

I don't think this is unusual. The front tires on my Shelby Charger will rub the plastic covers on both sides in hard turns with stock wheels and stock sized tires.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks like 225/45/17 will barely fit or might need just a little spacer. Only 10mm/.36 inch width increase on a side. My new kuhmos will be in next week, then Ill will find out. Yea, camber looks like its going to be a bitch! :evil:

·
Registered
109 Posts
The small perch on coil overs would help with the strut clearance. That is one advantage that you don't often hear about.

With lowering and addition offset will the tires contact the fender lip?

Good luck with your 225/45s. If that size fits it open up a huge range of tire choices.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have always intended to test fit the 245/45-17s on 17X7 Konigs off my 01 PT.

It would have been easy and cheap way to test the size. Looks like you guys will beat me to it. Don't know when we will get cars in Nevada.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
what offset are the wheels?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Saw a read SRT-4 on a test drive last night on my way home from work. Not the dealer I ordered mine from. Shouldn't be long now and I can try the 225s.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
PB Pod said:
Saw a read SRT-4 on a test drive last night on my way home from work. Not the dealer I ordered mine from. Shouldn't be long now and I can try the 225s.
How come you already list an SRT in your Sig if you don't own one yet?

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
ebbtide said:
How come you already list an SRT in your Sig if you don't own one yet?
:lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Because I ordered January 8 th and have the contract to buy it when it gets here. If listing the SRT before it is deliverd offends anyone in the group I will remove it. Let me know before it is delivered. Should be any day now.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
PB Pod said:
If listing the SRT before it is deliverd offends anyone in the group I will remove it.
I'm not offended. Maybe a "coming soon" would ward off people like us. Hope it arrives soon! :wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
15 Participants
boostedneonsrt4
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing