Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am driving and I hit the accelerator and let go I could hear almost a rubbing sound and the car does a little jerking back and forth and on the back motion I could hear like the tire is rubbing against something so I checked and I saw that the tire and strut are pretty close to each other bur I don't see any marks or anything on both the front tires i am wondering what do you guys think could cause this noise?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nope, it's not the tire rubbing there at all.

The clearance between the strut (spring perch) and the wheel/tire will never move/change, as they move together. And you have plenty of clearance there anyways.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a video of the sound July 16, 2022 you can hear it after the pshhh of the turbo, I might think it's the wheel bearing making noise? But it doesn't have any play in it the left wheel bearing tho does have play so maybe the right wheel bearing is failing? Noise has been there for almost 4 months now and I can't figure it out

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Its hard to tell from the phone video.
My guess would be something in the driveline (clutch?)
which occurs on the overrun when you let of the gas
resulting in the usual driveline slop being amplified...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its hard to tell from the phone video.
My guess would be something in the driveline (clutch?)
which occurs on the overrun when you let of the gas
resulting in the usual driveline slop being amplified...
Yea I was thinking that at some point but it's just weird I do think it might be tranny related I found this thread on a different site that sounds really similar to my problem noise when slowing down in gear

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Yea I was thinking that at some point but it's just weird I do think it might be tranny related I found this thread on a different site that sounds really similar to my problem noise when slowing down in gear
Yes, a lot of the posts in that thready talk about clutch noise on the overrun.
And that is basically what I was thinking.
I had a clutch which made similar throbbing sounds on the overrun.
The sounds was caused by loose clutch springs and a worn clutch disk.
I think it was an ACT DN4-HDSS non-modular clutch at the time if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, a lot of the posts in that thready talk about clutch noise on the overrun.
And that is basically what I was thinking.
I had a clutch which made similar throbbing sounds on the overrun.
The sounds was caused by loose clutch springs and a worn clutch disk.
I think it was an ACT DN4-HDSS non-modular clutch at the time if I remember correctly.
alright it might be this, I changed the wheel bearings hoping that was it and nope its not the last thing I think it might be is the intermediate shaft bearing is worn to hell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts