Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am wondering on what happens when the timing is pulled? Like what does the car do, whats it feel like? I am having a problem right now so this is why I am asking. Maybe I am getting this. Please help thanks

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
your car will begin to drive like it has no power. And stay that way. theres a term for this but forgot.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Get a scan tool or data logger. There's no use talking about then trying to guestimate and fix stuff just because you think it "might" be pulling timing. Actually watching it gives a good insight into what the computer is doing. Is it just pulling boost? Timing? Maybe both? There are many different variables.

As a side note, my S2 car advances timing all the way to redline. So help I hear another SCC-inspired thread about how all SRT-4's pull timing on 91 octane. :flame: :lol:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that is true. Well where can i get the gauge? It is definately pulling the boost because it will go then just die out and hit like 5 vacuum or so and barely move which is why i think may be timing. thanks

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
your topend will feel like it has no power, you'll feel the car pull to 4.5 k then just drop on it's face and it'll take forever to get to red line.. plus your boost spike/hold drops a few psi.. a reset of the pcm and car pulls nicely again...

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
srt_4banger said:
Yeah that is true. Well where can i get the gauge?
I use my OTC 4000 Enhanced to keep tabs on it. It only does ODB-II generic, but I already own it and it works for basic sensor readings and timing which is what I'm mostly interested in. Now on my older turbo Dodge, this thing completely rocks, and will read and show just about everything that a factory DRB-II would.

If you've got the cash to burn, the factory DRB-III (Diagnostic Readout Box, third generation) is the way to go. I'll probably pick one up eventually when the next version comes out, but right now they're pretty pricey ($2k on up).

There are a few datalogging programs out there, but I haven't had a need to try any yet. Some come with a cable to plug a Palm/Handspring or laptop into the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.