Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...wondering if i'm being paranoid or if i may be on the virge of a problem. just noticed that while engine breaking in 3rd, between 2000-2500, i can hear a ticking sound...sounds like its coming from the driver's side. seems to go away when i give it gas.

also, when cruising in 3rd, the shifter rattles. thought it was the dashboard or something. if i put pressure on it toward top left, it stops. if it just sits where it wants to, it vibrates a lot and ticks.

only 160 miles on the car...should i be taking a trip to the dealer or chalk it up to break-in? dont want anything to be bad now and get worse by the time i break it in.

thanks guys.
jer

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I think RUgoingup complained about the shifter vibration problem. So far I haven't had any weird noises or problems (knock on wood). Had a few weird smells I couldn't identify, but that might have been Taco Bell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Grunge said:
I think RUgoingup complained about the shifter vibration problem. So far I haven't had any weird noises or problems (knock on wood). Had a few weird smells I couldn't identify, but that might have been Taco Bell. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was your ASS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
It was, and still is me. It started as soon as I pulled out of the dealership, and it is annoying as hell. I need to take it in but I've been waiting to break the motor in first, because I know as soon as I leave it with them they'll be joining acr & Company at Gandy bridge with it! :lol:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have the same problem. Only third, you can feel it through the shifter, and the dash vibrates. Only in third. I just thought it was one of the "qwirks"? Should I be concerned? I have 2300 miles.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
RUgoinup said:
It was, and still is me. It started as soon as I pulled out of the dealership, and it is annoying as hell. I need to take it in but I've been waiting to break the motor in first, because I know as soon as I leave it with them they'll be joining acr & Company at Gandy bridge with it! :lol:
SO you are the culprit...dunno why I thought it was Grunge.

To both of you: I'd take it in and have em look at it.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Yeah, and take it in on a weekday, early morning, with less than an 8th of a tank of gas, and tell them you're waiting for it. Then sit outside on the benches in the service driveway and watch them like a hawk.........worked for me :lol: :lol: no excessive driving around by the service tech.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
RaptorRed said:
Yeah, and take it in on a weekday, early morning, with less than an 8th of a tank of gas, and tell them you're waiting for it. Then sit outside on the benches in the service driveway and watch them like a hawk.........worked for me :lol: :lol: no excessive driving around by the service tech.
Yeah I did that too...the gas being low was a co-incidence, but boy oh boy.
I was crawling all over those benches!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
So far you guys have posted tons of problems with the SRT-4 making me not want one anymore :)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I just got ahold of a dealership in MD with one black one in stock, I just may go buy that today. Hopefully the guy wasnt pulling my chain and I can get it for a little under sticker.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I've noticed a rattle or tick somewhere around the exaust manifold when I start the car up and let it idle. Any one else have this?

Havn't noticed any problem with my trany like this...

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
93civEJ1 said:
dude Turbo4, quit your whining...anything with wheels has little glitches here and there...so far everything anyone has posted about has been minor things...so be happy and get a SRT :lol:
ai'nt that the truth, anything \with wheels and a nissan badge... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
04electricblue
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing