Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gimmie some suggestions/prices, bishes! Looking for good stuff over cheap stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Oh shit, we need to change it at 32k??

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i did mine at like 25k

MOpar ATF +4

There is no aftermarket equivalent yet.

Funks did a great how to in the section.

·
Registered
22 Posts
????? I have driven a '97 Camaro Z28 for 80,000 miles and I have never had to change the tranny fluid. In my old Tahoe I did, but not in the 6-speed Camaro, and I never had an issue either. :WTF:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
preventive maitenance........prolly no t needed, but easy to do. Just like changing oil every 3k, and plugs 6k. :)

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
It is not something that must be done. But having said that it is part of the standard service for the SRT. So if you do not do it the dealer might not be happy if you take your car in for tranny problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
srtowner said:
It is not something that must be done. But having said that it is part of the standard service for the SRT. So if you do not do it the dealer might not be happy if you take your car in for tranny problems.
Oh. And... ATF? Arent SRT's 5-speeds? Or do you put in ATF in the tranny pan anyways? Ive never done it so I'm curious

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
ATF +4 is the fluid used.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Where most trannies take gear oil, the SRT (and most Chrysler) cars run ATF+4. It's a fully synthetic fluid and it has pretty good cold properties (people who drive automatics are notoriously bitchy). ATF+4 is also used as your power steering fluid.

Some guys run Redline or Royal Purple or Trick Shift or other aftermarket fluids, but they come back with shift problems in varying temperatures. Considering how touchy this tranny is about it's fluid, I for one am going to be sticking to ATF+4. YMMV. If you do a search, there is an old thread around here where someone tried different fluids..

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
DanDB64 said:
ATF means Automatic Transmission Fluid.

I know......just telling you what the car takes, cause you asked.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Super Steve said:
That's what it takes, I've had my tranny worked on by the dealer twice and right from the service manual is ATF+4+Modifier for the 04s
the modifier being? specific amount? How much of the ATF+4 stuff do I need?

You can tell I've done this plenty of times..... :rofl:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
4 oz i believe

Heres the how-to

http://www.so cal srt4.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=148

Get rid of the spaces in so cal srt4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stab: :flame: :lol: :hi:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LTLVIPR said:
4 oz i believe

Heres the how-to

http://www.so cal srt4.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=148

Get rid of the spaces in so cal srt4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stab: :flame: :lol: :hi:
cool! thanks. and i know all too well about that whole "situation".......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts