Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all thanks for the add. I'm looking into buying a 2005 silver srt4 which I went and test drove today. Car is a dream. My only problem is that it's a very tight squeeze. Now I saw a thread here with 6' plus 200 and 300+ guys being ok in the car but my problem is a little different. I'm 5'6 400 pounds so my belly hits the wheel because i have to sit closer then the tall guys in order to push the clutch which for some reason engages all the way at the bottom of the travel. The cars amazing and aside from losing weight which won't happen over night I don't want to lose the opportunity of owning this car especially with such low miles and how clean it is. Any one else been in this situation? Any suggestions? Tips tricks hack? Any way to make the steering wheel sit closer to the dash? maybe lower seat rails? Is it possible to change the engagement point of the clutch so maybe it engages at like the top or some what higher in the travel? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you in advance and sorry for such a long post.

·
Super Moderator
17,416 Posts
Best of luck in your journey to lose weight. There isn't much to say regarding the tight fit, you'd find much of the same in most of the compact cars out there, sport compact or otherwise. In 17 years I've gone up and down in a window of 80 lbs total, and while usually around 210 it's a fairly tight fit, especially when my daily is a Ram 1500.

Aside from leaning the seat further back I'm not sure you have a lot of options. But at 5' 6" I am guessing your ability to reach the steering wheel would be compromised.

I don't know how difficult it would be to move the seat rails and reinstall them, but again that doesn't change the difficulty in reaching the steering wheel.

Hoping you have a good plan and can stay dedicated to that plan to lose weight. Every day is a battle. You can do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts