Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone, I have run out of fucking ideas. Yes, I searched the forum for throttle sticking and its NOT the same situation that I am having, I don’t think…but I tried everything that everyone tried just in case…

I can’t take it anymore! I do not know what’s wrong. Here is my situation:

I pick up my car from psi-fi…perfect. Vacume sitting at like -18 to -20….perfect. I drive the car for a few weeks, my vacuum starts getting worse and worst. Now, it sits anywhere from -14 to -10 at idle. Also, the idle is higher. It used to be in the 700-800rpm range. Now its anywhere from 980 to 1100, and the car is way louder at idle.

Listen to this…Lets say Im driving…I see a light turn red and hit the clutch to come to a stop. The RPM’s drop to like 2000 or sometimes even 1600rpm and just stay there. They only drop to about 900 or 1000 when the car goes below 1 or 2mph…it doesn’t even drop down to normal. The car used to do a few pops here and there and now it does nothing because the throttle is like “stuck”

What we tried….

- we found a big leak in the iceman throttle body…we went back to stock. No luck. Same issues.

- We also replaced the TPS sensor thinking it was damaged..90 bucks later..No luck. SAME SHIT

- We pressure checked the entire system…we made a pressure checker like psi-fi uses…. and found that one of my injectors on the intake manifold were leaking…fixed that…NO LUCK…SAME ISSUE.

- We tried so many other things i cant even remember them anymore...thats how burnt i am.

I have gotten so many stories about brake booster vacuum leaks and all this other sorts of garbage. We checked EVERYTHING and find NO leak anywhere. Could I be overlooking something? Maybe a wiring problem?

Anyone have any ideas? Do we have to do something weird to the TPS sensor that we just installed thinking that it was going to fix the problem? I mean it seemed pretty straight forward when we were installing it.

And why was my iceman throttle body leaking so much? Mad air coming from it when we plug in the pressure checker..the stock one is nice and quiet and no massive wind of air coming from it.

Has anyone received the same symptoms? (rpm’s sticking anywhere from 1600 to 2000rpm until the car reaches a complete stop then all of a sudden it rev’s down)

It just sucks driving like this..everytime I shift gears at like 3000 or so or maybe a lil higher, the rpms just stay there and it just sounds weird and from outside the car is just sounds like I don’t know how to drive and burning clutch.

If you have experienced this, please help me out! Call me or whatever you wanna do ###-###-#### because after weeks and weeks and trying everything possible, I cant even think about it anymore. Any bit of advice is greatly appreciated and I will definitely post up the fix if it is ever found!!

Thanks everyone in advance who helps me out with this headache!! :crying:

·
Registered
102 Posts
:rofl: i just got the same thing! I push in the clutch and come to a stop sign my idle stays at 2k until a dead stop! If I keep rolling it stays at 2k!! Took it to my dealer and it tested all okay. They ordered a TPS, didn't work. Something electronic since it sees the car stopping and then idles down they think??
I installed my K&N CAI and SAFCII the same day and the problem started about then. As well I had blocked off a leaking EVAP line.

MAN I AM SOOO PISSED! Anyone else had this happen of fix it? Doesn't look like a vac. leak or the TPS! My SAFC works great. Is the CAI somehow doing this?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Dude I had the same exact problem. Called up Frank and the boys at Xtremeboost and a phone call to Modern Performance and some change later I had plug wires headed my way. Fixed it no problems. If your still running stock wires, change that shit. I know it sounded wierd to me to, but it fixed it, no problems yet to speak of. Is it idling rough.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Dude when mine did that, like a dumbass I always tried to pull the peddle up with my foot, old habits are hard to break.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think mine is worse! IT ONLY HAPPENS after i beat on the car, hard 1-2/2-3rd gear pulls, and after i run at 100+mph for more then 30 seconds! while i am going 100+ i feel my gas pedal shake like crazy! when i go to slow down i let off of the gas and i swear to god its like i have cruise control! I put in the clutch and RPM's go UP not down! I downshift to 4th they go down then back up! It will continue to do this throught the lower gears.... I panic'ed the first time it happened to me! I can have my car in 3rd/4th or 5th and not using the clutch take it out of gear as smoothly as i can with my clutch in! In order to get it to quit doing this and to get my RPMS back down to 800 instead of 4K i have to come to a dead stop on the highway clutch in obviousy and in 1st gear slowly go through the gears up and then back down through the gears like 2 times until something "engages" then its back to normal! I actually get elevated temps it does it so bad!

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Bump to see exactly what ya did to fix this problem? I have the same idling problem. The car also gives itself gas when trying to decel. It's like I'm lightly just tapping no the gas repeatedly so you head rocks back and forth. So annoying. :stab:
I guess I'll start with the tps and plug wires and go from there.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i think there are 2 other topics dealing with the same thing in this section. i got a whole bunch of ideas that im going to try this week. ( i have the same problem)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Like Turbofreak said...it sure sounds like broken tps harness wires.

·
Registered
862 Posts
things to check to solve the high idle issue.

1.TPS wiring, not so much the sensor itself. Keep in mind to replace as much of the wire as you can since sometimes wires are severed in more than one spot.

2.Vaccum leaks, including intake manifold gasket, injector seals, hose underneath intake manifold and brake booster area.

3.Idle air control valve (other sensor on throttle body) take it out and clean it with some carb cleaner or something of that nature.

4.Idle air control valve wiring, they sell a re-wire kit just like for the tps

5.Just for good measure clean out your TB in case its just getting stuck.

Im sure some of the more experience guys can chime in and add more to this list. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Dude when mine did that, like a dumbass I always tried to pull the peddle up with my foot, old habits are hard to break.
LMAO i did the same thing back when I first got my car and it started doing this :rofl: Thought I was the only one:jester:

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
My car started doing this instantly after I changed plugs and reset the battery today. Car won't drop the rpms below 1500-2000 until completely stopped, this happens 100% of the time. Idle rpm is steady 900 all the time, doesn't hang unless moving. Wiggling wires and tapping throttle does nothing. So I'm leaning towards a leak at the moment but I'm stuck at work until tomorrow. Guess I can't be too mad since I made it 5+ years without the infamous problem. On the plus side the free cruise control is freakin' sweet :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
My car started doing this instantly after I changed plugs and reset the battery today. Car won't drop the rpms below 1500-2000 until completely stopped, this happens 100% of the time. Idle rpm is steady 900 all the time, doesn't hang unless moving. Wiggling wires and tapping throttle does nothing. So I'm leaning towards a leak at the moment but I'm stuck at work until tomorrow. Guess I can't be too mad since I made it 5+ years without the infamous problem. On the plus side the free cruise control is freakin' sweet :thumbsup:
Unplug your IAC. It won't hang if that is the problem, but your car will idle like crap until it warms up and the check engine light will come on.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Unplug your IAC. It won't hang if that is the problem, but your car will idle like crap until it warms up and the check engine light will come on.
Unplugging it completely killed the cruise control while driving. Thank you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
bringing this back from the grave but I need help, I just replaced the tps wiring harness but the idle is still hanging/going up, when driving sometimes it doesnt do it, other times it hangs or slowly creeps up between shifts, at lights it either hangs at above 1200 rpm our somewhere near 3k, when idling rough it "pops" and just sounds horrible, only way to get it to idle normal is to rev up the engine which makes mw sound like a tool, parts are injen cai, 3" S.E.E., forge wg, any help appreciated in leaning towards a boost leak our the throttle cable

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im bringing this from the grave again. Having the same type of issue but it doesnt happen constantly. About every time I drive but not the whole time. Replace IAC and jiggling wires does nothing to the TPS and IAC.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts