Dodge SRT Forum banner
521 - 529 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
temp

When my car is stopped the temp will rise almost to the red. Then I can turn the heat on and it will drop. When i go down the road it will rise and fall and stay normal sometimes. I have change the thermostat. I have no other ideas please help

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just spoke to the service guy, says I have to bring the car in and leave it for the day so they can at some point during the day, when they have time, they can hook up the DRB(?) and leave it running for 45 minutes or so. Then they e-mail the results to DCX.

I'm not sure what they are going to get out of this.

And to clarify the code issue. Total time that the car has been in this stuck mode I would estimate at about 50-60 minutes over the course of the last three months. I have checked for codes every time. I'm going to ask the import kids in the speed shop across the street to keep an eye open, since the service guy says the car just goes into the bay, nowhere else. And of course, record the mileage. Trust but verify is my motto.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check your vacuum lines guys! Zip tie them turds! They are horrible about popping off and if the vacuum is messed up so will the idle, and if it's the main vacuum line your brake pedal will feel stiff as a board.

I've been through it all from stuck idle to white smoke and engine temp rising. Just got to make sure it's all on proper.

BoostSnailBoost is Good

521 - 529 of 529 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.