Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that everytime I spray, my throttle starts doing the stupid cruise control thing.. I'm wondering if it's becuase my nozzle is mounted upstream of the temp sensor in my UPP.. Could the temp sensor seeing that cold ass air be causing this to happen??

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
that doesn't sound like a problem bc of fogger nozzle.

·
Registered
21,246 Posts
The-Violator said:
Hmm maybe my tb just needs to be taken appart and cleaned or something.
i dont know what caused it to happen in the first place..... i sprayed all the time at first and it never happened. then after a while it started happening....
but ive sprayed tons of time with the iceman tb and havent had it happen again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MAYBE....just MAYBE....it might be the whole TPS sensor thing that EVERYONE seems to be having problems with......Maybe the spray and the jolt of the horsepower it reveals, is causing those wires on the TPS sensor to jerk around a little and its just the cause of the same problem....SOME WHERE in here there is a post about a high idle and it all comes back to a bad wiring harness with wires too short to the TPS and they work their way lose, causing the high idle. I had this problem and checked with my dealer and they are telling me that Chrysler is about to recall all the 2003 wiring harness'! SOOOO.....i dunno...justa thought, but i also remember on the old school neons that the power steering unit had a switch that would get stuck too and it would tell the engine it needed to idle high for the power steering which also caused the engine to somtimes die when backing up and turning! WHO KNOWS....GOOD LUCK THO BRO!

GIJOE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.