Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, excuse me if I did not introduce myself before. I had some problems posting on the forums for some reason and now its working? :DoH: Anyway today the sh!ttest thing happened. I was at a bridge toll and I wanted to finally push my car a little so that it breaks in even more. I have about 700 miles on the clock. So i floored it in second and shifted at 5000 not even near fuel-cutoff into third and did the same in third. But when i did that in fourth I all of the sudden lost throttle? I mean all the sudden I felt the floor and the pedal went totally LIMP. Unbelivible, I totally lose throttle so i had to pull over to the shoulder and I turned off the car. The pedal still has hella play. I mean almost feels like its just hanging there and no tension at all. WTF??? Anybody can give me some advice about what happened? The car was dropped off at the dealer and hopefully can be looked at. Everyone suspect that the throttle cable snapped or the mountings did. Sorry for the long post. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Sounds like the throttle cable snapped. Car is too new and the cable still hasn't settled to break-in. Good luck with the dealership. Hope they don't give you any problems. Then again, I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply, anyway just got the car back from the dealer today. They said that one of the clips that held the throttle cable came off so thats why I lost the thottle response. The tech said it shouldnt have happened in the first place and it seems that it a defect of the part. But not he tightened it and put a new part in there so it won't happen again. (hopefully) So, I guess for future reference I hope it doest happen to anyone else and if it does then it might be because of this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts