Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I seem to have run into my first real issue with the SRT :(

After idling for a few seconds, I get a rough idle, and sometimes I throw the P0304 code.

Also, on light acceleration in low gears, I get hesitation. This hesitation is usually followed by throwing the code.

Whenever I downshift into a lower gear, I usually trigger the stumble/code throw.

I'm running MSD wires, and stock coil pack. I'll check the tb area for oil tomorrow, and probably replace the plugs as well. I won't be able to take the car in until Monday, so lets hope it's the plugs!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Exact same syptoms for me Poonkla. My car has been doing it for awhile, stock...got worse after stage 2. I have tried every different plug, wire, and gap combo there is....nothing. Just yesterday I took out the air box and examined the throttle body very close. Low and behold...one of the wires going into my TPS sensor is showing about a quarter inch of copper wire. It looks as if the sheathing has been yanked back, or the wire has been actually pulled out of the sensor. The only thing is my car throws no codes...but has the same symptoms as yours.

I am pretty sure I have a TPS issue, but there is a chance the connection is still good?????? What do you think?

Check your TPS first.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JCert said:
Any news on your car Poonkla???
Well, I went and looked at the wires, and they did look a little crimped. I'm gonna take it into the dealer and tell them to look at it :( Will give an update as the come.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Poon Kla Change all of your plugs, Gap them at 0.050 drive the car, later if you want to run a smaller gap go ahead.

I am running .054 no problems.

p0304 means plug #4 is faulty and most likley has carbon tracking on the insulator nearest the electrode. You will see very fine gray lines on the insulator looking like very fine jagged pencil lines drawn on the insulator nearest the electrode.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
i have the exact symptoms. Had my pcm reflashed today and seems to be good so far.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, got the car back yesterday and they relfashed the PCM, replaced a sensor (I don't know which one because they didn't close my ticket because of a tire issue), and replaced the number 4 plug. They said the ceramic had cracked.

I will stop by tomorrow and find out exactly what they did to this "sensor"

Runs better than ever!

·
Registered
441 Posts
p0304 doesnt mean your plug is bad, it means theres a cylinder 4 mis-fire

hope you guys all like mis-fires, cause u sure as hell bought the right car.

my plugs have been replaced twice(tried different gaps), my coil and wires have both been replaced, my crank sensor has been replaced.

7 times, 2 different dealers, 25000 miles and i still have a severe mis-fire, fuckin car is a shit box and Chrysler is a shitty company to try and deal with

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
the reflash most likely is the reason. Mine ran crappy from the get go and i just thought thats how the car ran. After getting just the reflash i now realize i was way wrong lol. I guess some just have funky software installed. :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
yep the next day. Seems it was cold and rainy today and thats always when it comes on after sitting in the cold rain.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I agree with liteshow. As I stated to Poonkla earlier in the thread...I am just waiting to hear back from him, so I know for sure.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had the same problem on my 04. It was a the dealership for 2 weeks..wires, plugs, and ecu reflash was done...None helped. Turned out to be a faulty injector. Runs great now

1 - 20 of 26 Posts