Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k O.k this is the wierdest thing that caught my eye yesterday. Happened once but again 2 more times today.

From a stop and when I gas the car (I give the car some good throttle, I don't smash it or anything) the break light came on. I was going and heard a noise, then I see my light on for a quick second. I was like, WTF :hm?: ? While driving I lifted the E break a lil and yes the light came on. ????? However the E break is not lose still needs some baby muscle to lift it (or maybe i'm just a weak ass :lol: ). Should it be tightened anyway ?

Has this happened to anyone?

thanks
Jack

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Twice on a good week? Oh, and save up about $100 bucks for pads, its a great wear indicator:)

·
Registered
704 Posts
You don't need to avoid filling your brake fluid... you just need to be aware of the fact your brake system is over filled when you put new pads on. When you compress the cylinders in the calipers it's going to push brake fluid back into the resevoir.... and if it's already full it just may overflow and make a mess everywhere.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Roger what Spork said. The two best ways to take fluid out of the master cylinder prior to a brake pad replacement are as follows.

A) a turkey baster, squeeze, immerse tip, release, baster sucks up fluid

B) One of those cheapie (EMPTY) plastic shampoo bottles from Wal-Mart, same basic concept

Either one will cost maybe a buck or so

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moloko said:
just the light comes on? you don't feel any of the brakes engage?

If yes, and no, it could be low brake fluid or your sensor could be messed up

Just the light and the noise comes on for a second, brakes do not engage. Then it goes away. I was checking out the break last night, it still has a strong feel to it, I feel no slack from the spring.

I'll check my break fluid later when I get off work.

P.S whats the best break fluid out there ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.