Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally freaking static shocks me almost everyday without fail, and I'm wondering does it do it to you? Some key notes are I have a 15 scat pack with red velvet cloth heated/AC seats, ·I only wear jeans and T shirts cotton like material, ·Did it when I was stationed in NY, ands still does it now I'm back home in NC. · It happens when I get out of the car and go to close the door, when I touch the door I get static shocked almost anytime. ·Does not happen in wet rainy days.
Do you guys get shocked? I've been experiencing this for years, the spring is summer is the worst, fall and winter not really.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
static of any nature is usually much higher in the winter when humidity is lower (this varies by location.)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hold onto something metal as your getting out of the car, like the door sill latch. If that's too complicated, instead of touching your car with your fingers, use your keys.

It's also a good idea to make sure you're neutralized to the pump and car at fueling stations before grabbing the nozzle. That's how fumes get ignited, not by cell phones.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I agree w the posts above. Iv had this issue a few times on another old mopar vehicle and its likely a bad ground or singed or pinched wire somewhere. Obviously winter its most common bc of layers but after repairing kinked door wiring it hasnt happened since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts