Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, i know these post must annoy some of you but i need to ask it. I have a Mr2 Turbo and I love it to death but the thing is that its getting older and i dont want to have to worry about things breaking all the time, especially when i get into more mods.Plus my uncle has a business deal with dodge and said he could prolly hook me up with the new srt4, at least a little bit and i can prolly come up with 8-9k after i sell my car. But lets forget about price and stuff, my real qusetion is to find out first hand about what these cars are all about from the people who own them. Im no newbie to cars but im new to this car. My first question is handling. How does this car handle, i know its fwd(kind of a turnoff for me) but i heard some good reveiws that it might be up there with say a integra type r with handling but im not sure. If anyone can give me input who has owned a lighter rwd car like mine and went to this car, that would give me a better perpective. Second is power, these cars seem to be very fast, like 227hp to the wheels? My car is stock with an intake and it makes about 165-170 to the wheels and its fast for me so i can only imagine this car. And i read a little about the mopar upgrades, they sound good,how much power will this power take the car reliebly and how much hp do most people get with like mopar stage 2, exhaust and other bolt ons. Where are the best sites that sell mopar and other upgrades? if installed by a dealership, will they void the warrnety, i know this prolly would be differnt for each dealer, so thats something i prolly have to ask the one i would but from. Basicly, though, id just like your guys over impression of this car, like driving feel, handling, power, preferably from someone who has owned a car like mine(rx7, mr2, 240sx turbo) cars like that. But anyone who has some imput would help me out as well. And lastly, do you think it would be worth it over to get this car over my current one. Just for refernce, my car has 200hp,2seater turbo, rwd, MR drivetrain and wieghs 2850lbs. Well, thanks for your help guys, like i said, any imput would be greatly welcome!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
For future reference please break up your questions so they are easier to read and answer.

The SRT-4 kicks ass on a straight away and not too darn bad around turns. Stock it has a .87G Skip pad. Thats not too far behind some of the other so called "Better handling" cars.

Stock your looking at around 230hp 245tq to the wheels on a car that weights 3020lbs curb weight. With Stage 1 your looking at 240hp 260tq. Stage 2 265hp 280tq. These are driveable upgrades meaning daily drivers.

As for warranty even mopar parts can void a warranty. Do a search there are millions of thread about it. Some dealers wont even notice an upgrade, others have so called experts that will try and void a Axle repair because you have a Strut bar.

Its a solid car that screams "whos your daddy". I just test drove a 2005 WRX and that shit has nothing on the SRT in regards to speed. I couldnt toss it into a few turns so I am not sure bout that.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
As far as handling; A guy I know here in Austin runs Autocross frequently, Stock class against WRX,etc he ran the same times, won some, lost some. He's now in a modified class ('03 w/NO power additions) and runs with the Supras & Vettes. Good SRT4 FWD handling just takes a different mindset and a good driver.

Check theAutocross/Roadracing forum.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
yea the SRT in stock form will definitely make you miss your mister two. but with a nice suspension these cars really do handle amazingly well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well from just being able to ride in one, I was amazed. Im sure if I drove one I would love it and so would you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
my modded GSR seemed to turn on a dime and accelerate quickly.... my srt makes me feel like an idiot for thinking that now :(

the cars extremely quick both going and stopping. i couldnt be happier with it. as far as turning goes, you can mod any car to handle like a lotus with enough $$$$ and the srt is no different. sticky tires n firm suspension can plant the car like its on rails. torque steer can be handled with mounts and everything else is already taken car of :thumbsup: modding this car is funner than you can imagine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts