Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up everyone, I just installed some goodies and about to install a few more in a couple days, So far my mods are in the sig + i just installed a return line, walbro 255, uego, and about to install a ported tb w/spacer, ported intake mani, and a bfmic w/crash bar. I was thinking about just getting a map clamp instead of a SAFCII for now or until i want to go to the dyno at least. Is this a bad idea? Is I know ill have less power and the car wont run at its potential but is it safe if not safer with a map clamp? And how much power will i be losing? ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
A map clamp will not hurt anything if you install and tune it properly. You have a wideband and the fuel to be safe, but for my money a DTEC/SAFC II would have priority over either the intercooler upgrade or the ported intake manifold. A map clamp is going to hinder you especially as boost drops off above 5K RPM and the clamp cannot adjust for the drop in boost. A map clamp should be only a temporary fix in a car with as many mods as you have. In any case with the parts you have it should be a fast car, just get it dialed in and enjoy. You really need to address your motor mounts and transmission mount. By the time I got to around 250 whp the wheel hop became horrible. Inserts and a tranny mount or insert will essentially eliminate wheel hop. This combo has worked for me to ~330 whp. Also, seriously look into a DevilsOwn W/A injection kit. The base kit is amazing, to this day it is one of my three favorite mods. Along with an E1 turbo and a full 3" exhaust, the W/A injection kit has had the most visceral impact, it also has been a necessity when pushing 23 psi on 91 octane fuel. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, ive never heard of power loss beyond 5k rpms due to a mapclamp

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
FJ i dont know how to mess with mapclamps but i can help you with the safc.

I would just go with the safcII and call it a day. You will be at my level in no time. Be carefull asking broad questions like that on here, your gonna get bias oppinions. Your better off asking on our local site dude.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StageSRT4 said:

I would just go with the safcII and call it a day. You will be at my level in no time. Be carefull asking broad questions like that on here, your gonna get bias oppinions. Your better off asking on our local site dude.
im just going to get the mapclamp as a temperary problem fixer, the safc2 will go in, in the future

·
Registered
618 Posts
mapclamps are easy to tune.. an eyeglass screwdriver and a few runs, just remember... left=lean, right=rich. The Safc and DTEC are just more complex versions of a mapclamp, instead of tuning for the whole rpm range (mapclamp), you can tune your fuel at different points in the range (safc=12 points, DTEC=16 points I believe)

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'd suggest the PTP map/tip clamp.

Works well on stock stg0 and BOV.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
lil fjd 915 said:
StageSRT4 said:

im just going to get the mapclamp as a temperary problem fixer, the safc2 will go in, in the future
Allright I told chris you didnt want it anymore.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
StageSRT4 said:
lil fjd 915 said:
StageSRT4 said:

Allright I told chris you didnt want it anymore.
if he still has it in 4 weeks ill take it haha

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If you really can't wait than do it.

If you can wait do it later with the stuff you really wanna get. You'll save money later. Well than again it's only like 30 bucks you'll lose probably around 10 because you can sell it.

Screw it do it now!!1 hahah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts