Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sent this letter to dodge:...

Just so you know i was very interested and was going to buy a 2003 dodge srt-4. I thought the idea for that car was great, but there was only one problem: the car wouldnt be out until march in PA. i thought about it, and i figured the wait would be worth it. Then march came, and i heard about people in florida receiving their srt-4's. i couldnt wait for them to arrive here. I called my local dealer, and found out they wouldnt be getting the srt 4's for a while, because they didnt attend the training session. The closest dealership that did is in bangor and elizabethtown, both too far for me, and neither dealerships have any clue as to when they'll be getting the cars. I'm soo discouraged because of this that i am going out this weekend to look at used MAZDA RX-7's. They are actually AT the dealership RIGHT NOW. My dad also needs a new pick-up truck, i told him to get a dodge ram quad cab, but, because of all this, maybe i can get him to buy a Ford instead.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Dodge really did a doosey on the whole California-Florida situation, sure pissed a lot of people off and I'm sure more than a few dealers aren't too happy. I wouldn't expect much to come of this letter though. The best you can prolly hope for is some canned letter from the corporate PR office.

-faast

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just to add fuel to the fire, there are 5 Dodge dealerships within say 30 miles of me and after checking their inventory they still have 29 SRT4's sitting on the lots waiting for buyers. Tic Toc.
Can you say "definitely at MSRP". :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I know you're discouraged, and I feel for you. But if you can hold out, I would advise it.

I think it's interesting that the cars seem to be languishing on California lots, and they were snapped up like hotcakes in Florida. Maybe the whole Japanese tuner market is too entrenched in L.A. But this car is worth the wait. be patient my friends in other states. Or do your best to go out of state to get one. They're worth it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
dude just hold tight :shock: good things come to those who wait.plus the weather is crappy up here.i live in ohio and i can hardly wait and i still owe 2years on my r/t.that really sucks

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Ya'll Know I know how you feel. But if I keep hangin out here and hangin on I'm gonna know all about the GOODS and BADS of this kewl lil' HOTROD! Its great to hear that sales are slowing a little. Should assure me of getting the inaugural model. 'nother game of solitaire!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
srt4obcession said:
i sent this letter to dodge:...

Just so you know i was very interested and was going to buy a 2003 dodge srt-4. I thought the idea for that car was great, but there was only one problem: the car wouldnt be out until march in PA. i thought about it, and i figured the wait would be worth it. Then march came, and i heard about people in florida receiving their srt-4's. i couldnt wait for them to arrive here. I called my local dealer, and found out they wouldnt be getting the srt 4's for a while, because they didnt attend the training session. The closest dealership that did is in bangor and elizabethtown, both too far for me, and neither dealerships have any clue as to when they'll be getting the cars. I'm soo discouraged because of this that i am going out this weekend to look at used MAZDA RX-7's. They are actually AT the dealership RIGHT NOW. My dad also needs a new pick-up truck, i told him to get a dodge ram quad cab, but, because of all this, maybe i can get him to buy a Ford instead.
The letter, I hate to tell you, is not going to do a damn thing. If you can wait, do it. This car is so worth it. Take a drive as soon as any PA dealer gets it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
srt4obcession said:
i sent this letter to dodge:...(snip)
Dude, you need to make a trip over to State College and take a ride with me in my SRT-4. Come on over...I'll restore your faith :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts