Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM looking for a good thermal wrap fro my 3" o2 housing and DP and was wondering what youguys would reccomend. I noticed you sell it on your website.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
TRAXMAN199 said:
IM looking for a good thermal wrap fro my 3" o2 housing and DP and was wondering what youguys would reccomend. I noticed you sell it on your website.
Just make sure you are careful where you all wrap at. Most times when people weld stainless steal, they use a lower quality of SS to weld then what the product is made out of, so if you wrap around the welds, and moisture gets trapped in your wrap, it'll make it rust real quick. SS does not automatically mean it'll stay rust free.

·
Registered
67 Posts
exhaust wraps

TRAXMAN199 said:
Our wraps are of the best quality and will generate the desired results. In reagards to the weld issue, I would never recommend purchasing a high dollars S/S exhaust component if they do not supply quality welds with quality materials. If an inferior product is used it will rot from the inside out wrapped or not! I always recommend using our HT silicone coating to seal the wrap and protect it from moisture, dirt and debris! There is not an untreated downpipe on the planet that should not be wrapped!

Our wraps are available in black and neutral!

link:
http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=3

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just let me know what you think I should get (and in what sizes) to cover a three inch o2 and a DP. I can approximate the leangth, but I need to know all the stuff I would need to attach the wrap, and make it work right. I would prefer the black.

Would you reccomend wraping the cat? I woulden't think so, but opinions never hurt right.

·
Registered
67 Posts
TRAXMAN199 said:
Just let me know what you think I should get (and in what sizes) to cover a three inch o2 and a DP. I can approximate the leangth, but I need to know all the stuff I would need to attach the wrap, and make it work right. I would prefer the black.

Would you reccomend wraping the cat? I woulden't think so, but opinions never hurt right.

I would recommend:
(1) 010108 2"x50' roll of black exhaust wrap.
(2) 010202 S.S. locking ties
(1) 010301 Black HT Silicone Coating

I would not recommend wrapping your cat at home or on your car :rofl: !

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just the opposite. THe wrap keeps heat in the pipes allowing it to escape easer. Doing the whole exhaust would be overkill, but IM going for the o2 and Dp. Thats where you want it to exit as fasr as possable.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Jon @ DEI said:
In reagards to the weld issue, I would never recommend purchasing a high dollars S/S exhaust component if they do not supply quality welds with quality materials.

I've seen a few DC Sports Honda headers crack at the welds before after they were wrapped ;/

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Jon @ DEI said:
Our wraps are of the best quality and will generate the desired results. In reagards to the weld issue, I would never recommend purchasing a high dollars S/S exhaust component if they do not supply quality welds with quality materials. If an inferior product is used it will rot from the inside out wrapped or not! I always recommend using our HT silicone coating to seal the wrap and protect it from moisture, dirt and debris! There is not an untreated downpipe on the planet that should not be wrapped!

Our wraps are available in black and neutral!

link:
http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=3
:lol: :lol: Beat to me to it.

I do recommend any DEI product since I used the CAI intake wrap and it does work.

I opened the hood and feel the heat rising from the intake and valve cover then open the velcro on the CAI wrap and to feel the pipe next to the turbo and just amazed how cooler it is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts