Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is for all of the people that CONSTANTLY and REPEATEDLY say they are tired of all the people on this forum proclaiming "the SRT-4 can beat everything out there."

Please refrain from putting all of the members of this forum in a box.
You've stated your displeasure with the SRT-4 guys that keep saying "there car can beat anything out there" time and time again.

May I suggest you call these people out by name from now on so we can see just how many of them make or have previously made those statements. Then you should compare that number of people to those of us that DO NOT make, and HAVE NOT made that statement in the past.

I totally admit that anyone making that particular statement is thoroughly misinformed, to put it nicely. But for some reason there is a misconception that most of us on this board have that mentality, which is a false assumption. This false thinking is why several people recently decided to come to our board and act like ________'s (you fill in the blank).

Let's set the record straight once and for all!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Alright I'll bite. Why should we prove it's true, if you're so convinced it's not true then you prove it. Like I said earlier, it's a mentality, an attitude. It's not so much that people have been coming out and saying "the srt is the fastest car in the world" it's just the general attitude of this board. I'd say a strong an indicator of this mentality are all the "SRT vs. <insert 12 or 13 second car>" threads here. Hell this forum even has a SRT war story board, I mean come on. Anyway I've got nothing against the forums or anyone here I just think some of you are kind of unnescessarily arrogant and it only really bothers me when you rag on cars that you perceive to be "beneath" you. I'm not really concerned, once the STi comes and puts you in your place a few times you'll come to realize maybe you aren't "the fastest in the world".

-faast

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
hell i know the srt isnt the fastest car out there, prime example, last night a the track we had a srt run for the first time in our area......ran a 9.96 in the 8th, another one of our memebers with a 1st gen neon stage two hrc turbo kit ran in the mid eights. some people might believe that the srt is untouchable but i personally know its not. the thing that is getting me is the sudden appearnce of "so called srt" owners who are "beating v-12 tt vipers, 3rd gen modded rx-7's, lambos," i mean every freaking exotic car made, and the srt is pulling on them by 4 car lengths...............BULLSH*T let see a lambo runs what low 4's in the 0-60 sprint? i mean do you really think if you raced a lambo, even from a roll you would win? it just pretty much blows my mind. So for now on, all of these n00b's posting about beating vipers and lambos in your srt-4 i am calling BULLSH*T until you post videos, if you can do that then i will eat my own words............but i honestly dont think it will happen anythime soon.

·
Corgi-ish
6,148 Posts
This entire topic is BULLSH*T to me. Nobody on this board with a functioning brain and a driver's license thinks that the SRT is the fastest car in the world. LET'S STOP THIS STUPIDITY NOW!
Slow5OH said:
I'm not really concerned, once the STi comes and puts you in your place a few times you'll come to realize maybe you aren't "the fastest in the world".

-faast
By the time the STi comes out it won't be a problem either seeing as how I'll be modded sufficiently by then (this is just me now...).

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Why would the sti put us in our place? There quite a few cars out there that cost as much or less than the sti that will beat us stock.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slow5OH said:
Why should we prove it's true,
We? So are you are responsible for bringing those guys over. I thought you were doing a good job on your own, you didn't need backup.

Slow5OH said:
if you're so convinced it's not true then you prove it.
This is your tired old argument, you prove it!

Slow5OH said:
It's not so much that people have been coming out and saying "the srt is the fastest car in the world" it's just the general attitude of this board. I'd say a strong an indicator of this mentality are all the "SRT vs. <insert 12 or 13 second car>" threads here. Hell this forum even has a SRT war story board, I mean come on.
It sounds like you have a problem with the Site Administrator. Why hang out here if you don't like the content?

Slow5OH said:
Anyway I've got nothing against the forums or anyone here I just think some of you are kind of unnescessarily arrogant and it only really bothers me when you rag on cars that you perceive to be "beneath" you.
Once again, who are you referring to?

Slow5OH said:
I'm not really concerned, once the STi comes and puts you in your place a few times you'll come to realize maybe you aren't "the fastest in the world.
Hey Slow, don't become one of those guys that thinks "the STi is the fastest car in the world," if you know what I mean. :wink:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Don't Spread It

As far as I'm concerend, I quit reading that War Stories topic area. Don't even know why I do read it cause I have nothing to contribute, nor am I into the street racing thingy. It gives me a headache reading all the fighting, comparisons, etc. I'm always hoping I'll find something useful to read in there. You guys turned it into the "Flaming War Stories" thread. Not everybody can prove their claims cause they don't have the proper tools. Just shrug it off, which I do most of the time. Sometimes I can't help myself either. :oops: I realize that even tho some ppl's opinion may be hurtful in a way, but this is also America and there is the freedom of speech, but name calling, dirty talk, and spamming shouldn't be tolerated. Anyhow, with that said, can you guys and gals PLEASE not bring that argument over here and induce it into every thread. I enjoy the SRT-4 Discussion area b/c it isn't a constant battle. I'm sure there are some others that feel the same way, and I hope you will respect that. Sorry for the speech. I know this might just be another worthless attempt to stop this "war", I just had to get it off my chest. Just trying to make this forum a better place 8)

P.S. Although Grunge is doing an awesome job, I do agree with the fact that we could use one or two more moderators; we are GROWING!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
For the record, I in no way organized the NASIOC people who are coming over here. They chose to do that themselves after seeing all the BS posts around here. If you go over to NASIOC's Off-Topic forum you'll see a couple nice threads detailing all the fun they are having at your expense.

hell i know the srt isnt the fastest car out there, prime example, last night a the track we had a srt run for the first time in our area......ran a 9.96 in the 8th, another one of our memebers with a 1st gen neon stage two hrc turbo kit ran in the mid eights. some people might believe that the srt is untouchable but i personally know its not. the thing that is getting me is the sudden appearnce of "so called srt" owners who are "beating v-12 tt vipers, 3rd gen modded rx-7's, lambos," i mean every freaking exotic car made, and the srt is pulling on them by 4 car lengths...............BULLSH*T let see a lambo runs what low 4's in the 0-60 sprint? i mean do you really think if you raced a lambo, even from a roll you would win? it just pretty much blows my mind. So for now on, all of these n00b's posting about beating vipers and lambos in your srt-4 i am calling BULLSH*T until you post videos, if you can do that then i will eat my own words............but i honestly dont think it will happen anythime soon.
I'm gonna explain this one more time nice and slowly. THEY ARE FUCKING WITH YOU. THEY ARE MAKING UP BULLSHIT HOPING TO GET A RESPONSE, and you're doing a fine job of falling for it. It's called sarcasm, look it up in the dictionary. RU, I don't have to prove it, it's a mentality and a general attitude and it's here. I know no one around here believes the SRT is the fastest car in the world but for lack of a better term, it's what I call the mentality around here. Just look around it's not difficult to find. The war stories forum is a prime example of it in itself. I'm not going to name specific names because then it gets personal and there's really no need for that.

-faast

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
A lot of people talk trash about thier cars and other peoples cars its going to happen. I remember when the GTS Celica first game out everyone who had one would say that it was the fastest 4 around and would talk crap. Look at the mantality of most WRX owners I know a few and they are cocky as all hell.

It is rediculious to think you have the fastest car someone somewhere at somepoint will beat you especially if you are running a 4.

For the peeps that talk about beating a Lambo I almost crapped my pants laughing so hard it may have been sarcasim but it was funny. I got schooled by a Lambo Diablo on the freeway and I was on a Suzuki 750 motorcycle, aint no way.

If you look at most of the peeps talkin trash they are the ones "Waiting to get my SRT-4".

Just chill enjoy your ride when you get it, take defeat with a grain of salt (it's going to happen) move on and be safe.
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i agree it isnt the fastest .. but it is damn fast .. especially considering price..
i'm sure i will cry like a lil bitch the first time i lose. but it hasnt happened yet so i'll continue to be cocky :)

i always remember there is always someone bigger and badder .. but duders im gonna totally enjoy the people i do smoke !!

anyways , any car car be modded to be fast ass hell .. the srt can also
so stop preaching the sti is gonna school all of us srt owners, because atp turbo's srt4 already runs high 12's , w/o a bigger turbo.. so dont be surprised is a couple of srt's start to smoke sti's .. just remeber someone out there always has more money, and more time than you !!!
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Slow5OH said:
Alright I'll bite. Why should we prove it's true, if you're so convinced it's not true then you prove it. Like I said earlier, it's a mentality, an attitude. It's not so much that people have been coming out and saying "the srt is the fastest car in the world" it's just the general attitude of this board. I'd say a strong an indicator of this mentality are all the "SRT vs. <insert 12 or 13 second car>" threads here. Hell this forum even has a SRT war story board, I mean come on. Anyway I've got nothing against the forums or anyone here I just think some of you are kind of unnescessarily arrogant and it only really bothers me when you rag on cars that you perceive to be "beneath" you. I'm not really concerned, once the STi comes and puts you in your place a few times you'll come to realize maybe you aren't "the fastest in the world".

-faast
whats wrong with a kill stories section? The Sti will also cost in the range of my car, and probably get marked up too.. And I'll put it in its place.

Remove the sand from your vagina. Bullshit will get posted on forums. I dont see why you think its your job to moderate that bullshit. You simply are here, waiting for someone to post a SRT vs WRX thread so you can post your rather pointless reused opinions. Do you have a SRT-4.. no.. Are you looking into one... no
Do you even have a STI ordered? no..

What are you trying to get across with your e-cock pissing wars? You dont' even own the cars which you speak of. Prove your point by actions, when you line up with that shiny new SRT.. Then post a kill and a video to back it up and tell everyone to STFU..

Basically is what I am saying is cut the bitching about people being cocky. This is a forum in praise of the SRT, do you think they are just going to sit here and dog on their cars or something? If you think someone is bsing then call them out, race them, hopefully own them, and post the video. Nothing says "owned" like that.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I dont really understand where you are coming from Slow. The majority of the people here understand how fast their car is and which cars can be considered competition. How hard is it to read a timeslip?

When I get my srt, if a vetta pulls up next to me and wants to race (provided its a safe area) I will oblige him. I wont be expecting to win and I will probably put the story up in the war stories section win or lose. One of my best friends has an '03 Cobra and you can be damn sure im going to race him (and I just might keep up cuz he cant drive the damn thing).

You are the guy that said there was no way the srt could take a '99+ Mustang GT even though the srt runs a 14.0 and the GT runs a 13.9. Sounds like a drivers race to me......

Of course there are idiots around here and as that little invasion proved, its a common problem.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Slow5OH said:
I'm gonna explain this one more time nice and slowly. THEY ARE FUCKING WITH YOU. THEY ARE MAKING UP BULLSHIT HOPING TO GET A RESPONSE, and you're doing a fine job of falling for it. It's called sarcasm, look it up in the dictionary. RU, I don't have to prove it, it's a mentality and a general attitude and it's here. I know no one around here believes the SRT is the fastest car in the world but for lack of a better term, it's what I call the mentality around here. Just look around it's not difficult to find. The war stories forum is a prime example of it in itself. I'm not going to name specific names because then it gets personal and there's really no need for that.

-faast
I guess the question for me is "Who died and left you reality checker?" (And I don't care what your title here says.) I don't think or behave the way that you described when it comes to my SRT-4, yet I have to be subjected to you and everyone from the NASIOC board putting renegade SRT-4 owners in their place?!?! That's BS...it's a waste of time and effort on everyone's part - posting it won't change anyone's attitude and reading it only takes up time while changing absolutely nothing. I think it's time for everyone to just move on...

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Blades said:
Slow5OH said:

-faast
whats wrong with a kill stories section? The Sti will also cost in the range of my car, and probably get marked up too.. And I'll put it in its place.

Remove the sand from your vagina. Bullshit will get posted on forums. I dont see why you think its your job to moderate that bullshit. You simply are here, waiting for someone to post a SRT vs WRX thread so you can post your rather pointless reused opinions. Do you have a SRT-4.. no.. Are you looking into one... no
Do you even have a STI ordered? no..

What are you trying to get across with your e-cock pissing wars? You dont' even own the cars which you speak of. Prove your point by actions, when you line up with that shiny new SRT.. Then post a kill and a video to back it up and tell everyone to STFU..

Basically is what I am saying is cut the bitching about people being cocky. This is a forum in praise of the SRT, do you think they are just going to sit here and dog on their cars or something? If you think someone is bsing then call them out, race them, hopefully own them, and post the video. Nothing says "owned" like that.
absofukinlutely mang! i wouldnt have said it better 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
11 Participants
boostedneonsrt4
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing